How do I apply for the High Performance Coaching Program (HPCP)?
You can request an application from the Coaching Education department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking here. Completed applications may be submitted to the Coaching Education department by mail, email or fax as listed on the application.
Are there qualifications to attend the HPCP?
Yes, there are several qualifications each coach must meet to be considered for an HPCP. Listed below are the qualifications.
- Certified. Each applicant must have achieved a USPTA P1 and/or PTR Professional level.
- Coaching Experience. Each applicant must have at least 5 years of experience coaching high performance players.
- Sectionally Ranked Players. Each applicant must be able to verify having been and/or currently serving as the primary coach of a specified number of sectionally ranked players.
- Nationally Ranked Players. Each applicant must be able to verify having been and/or currently serving as the primary coach of a specified number of nationally ranked players.
- Coach of Successful Players. Each applicant must have coached players who have gone on to play at all levels of the game, including collegiate and professional tennis.
- Active High Performance Coach. Each applicant must currently be active in coaching high performance players.
- Sports Science Competency Test (Level One). This test must be completed successfully.
- Coaching in United States. Each applicant must reside and actively coach in the United States.
- United States Tennis Association Membership. Each applicant must be a current member of the United States Tennis Association.
What is the cost to attend the HPCP?
The USTA will cover all of the expenses associated with the High Performance Coaching Program with the exception of the following costs (for which coaches will be responsible):
- Upon acceptance into the program there is a non-refundable $250 fee for study guides, books and DVD’s required for the program.
- Transportation to and from the 6-day interactive phase.
- Lodging and meals during the 6-day interactive phase. (Note: The USTA will arrange special rates at a local hotel. Coaches are not required to stay at the hotel offered.)
How do I apply for the High Performance Continuing Education Programs (HPCE)?
The USTA conducts numerous continuing education programs throughout the year. These programs are ONLY offered to graduates of the High Performance Coaching Program. HPCP Graduates will receive an announcement email including an application from the Coaching Education department for each offered HPCE.