The Player Development Workshops focus on the full continuum of Junior Player Development from the ages of 7 to 17. The goal of the workshop is to present our USTA Player Development Teaching and Coaching Philosophy in a practical and comprehensive manner, while highlighting the use of the new 10-and-under formats, in training. It is our intention that after attending the workshop, High Performance coaches will leave with a teaching, training and planning framework, which will enable them to maximize the potential of their High Performance players.
The curriculum is presented in a comprehensive manner, with considerable focus on 10-and-under developmental training during the first half of the workshop, then transitioning into the development of older players in the latter half of the workshop.
Workshop topics will include:
- Overview of USTA Teaching and Coaching Philosophy
- Teaching and Training Progressions, beginning with the teaching of 7-year-olds, progressing from 36-foot (red) courts to 60 foot (orange) and 78 foot (green formats) all the way to elite junior players and transitioning into college and professional competition
- Fundamental parameters of technique (hands), movement (feet) and tactics (eyes and mind)
- Creating purposeful and effective practices
- Guidelines for 10-and-under training
- Progressive Development of World Class Players
The USTA Player Development Workshop is open to all Certified Teaching and Coaching Professionals, who coach and teach High Performance players (7 years and older). If you are interested in attending, please review the schedule for a workshop
in your section.