The USTA Training Center - West is located at the StubHub Center in Carson, Calif. The StubHub Center is a 125-acre development featuring state-of-the-art stadiums and facilities for soccer, tennis, track & field, cycling, lacrosse, rugby, volleyball, baseball, softball, basketball and other sports.
Designated as an "Official U.S. Olympic Training Site," The StubHub Center is the nation's most complete training facility for Olympic, amateur and professional athletes. The USTA Training Center - West features 15 hard courts and 4 Har-Tru clay courts. Additionally, there are an additional 12 tennis courts on the campus of California State University-Dominguez Hills, just walking distance from the USTA Training Center - West Courts.
The USTA also has a state of the art training facility which is located in the ADT Velodrome at the StubHub Center. The USTA Strength and Conditioning Centers provide a superb environment for tennis specific physical training, complete with free weights, plate loaded, cardiovascular, Freemotion® and other state-of-the-art machines, medicine balls, physioballs and much more. USTA is proud to offer our athletes all the quality tools necessary for a holistic strength and conditioning program focused on optimizing performance while reducing the likelihood of injury. All programs are under the direction of highly trained and certified physical trainers and coaches.
The USTA Training Center - West currently offers two types of programs for aspiring young players: There is a day-time program which allows players who are not attending traditional school to train during the day and work out with our strength and conditioning staff after their tennis workouts. In addition, we offer an after-school program which runs from 4:00-7:00 p.m. each day and is for those kids who attend traditional school. This dual program allows for players who are at various stages of age and development to meet their specific needs while training at our center.
- Players are selected into programs based on results, hard work and the ability to listen to feedback and incorporate suggestions. Through years of trial and experience, our system is the best assessment of potential to be a Top 100 player.
- Once selected into the program, players are expected to take what they learn and put it into practice on a daily basis.
- Players will be involved in a variety of activities which include drilling and match play, as well as on-court and off-court conditioning and strength training.
- Players are tested regularly and are expected to improve their conditioning from previous tests.
- Parents are expected to attend mandatory seminars.
For more Information contact the USTA Training Center - West staff.