The Tennis On Campus Club of the Year Award application closes on Jan. Check back here, or Register To Receive The Tennis On Campus News, for information and applications for the Tennis On Campus Club of the Year Award.
USTA Tennis On Campus National Championship
The USTA Tennis On Campus Club of the Year Award honors Tennis On Campus programs/college club tennis teams for significant contributions made to the USTA Tennis On Campus program on their respective campus. Eligible applicants will be current college club tennis teams in good standing with their college or university and the USTA.
Applicants must demonstrate significant contributions to the USTA Tennis On Campus program on their respective campus. Extra consideration will be given to those applicants who:
• Increased participation numbers of their Tennis On Campus program
• Increased the quality of their Tennis On Campus program
• Utilized creative marketing strategies
• Utilized creative fundraising strategies
• Utilized creative on-court programming
• Started or upgraded a large Tennis On Campus event (i.e. club tennis tournament)
• Started or upgraded a Tennis On Campus League or Series
• Organized and/or promoted social activities for Tennis On Campus participants (tennis related or other)
• Developed outreach efforts linking their Tennis On Campus program to the community (tennis related or other)
• Embraced diversity, wheelchair tennis, and/or adaptive tennis
• Worked collectively with the varsity tennis team(s) to improve visibility of tennis on their respective campus
• Worked closely with their respective USTA Section Tennis On Campus Coordinator to promote the Tennis On Campus program throughout their USTA Section
• Maintained a dynamic and up-to-date college club tennis team website
All complete and eligible applications will be reviewed by the USTA National Tennis On Campus Committee. One national award winner will be selected. Honorable mention candidates may be selected on a merit basis, depending on the strength and number of applications received.
• Nov. 1 - Application available online
• Jan. 24 - Last date applications accepted
• Feb. 15 - Section Honorees notified
• December / January / February - Section honorees recognized - contact your USTA Section's Tennis On Campus Coordinator for more information.
• March 1 - National honoree(s) notified
• Mid-April - Award presented at the USTA Tennis On Campus National Championship
USTA National Coordinator, Tennis On Campus
70 West Red Oak Lane
White Plains, NY -10604
The USTA Tennis On Campus program was established in 2000. 2009 was the first year for the Tennis On Campus Club of the Year Award. The award honors Tennis On Campus programs/college club tennis teams for significant contributions made to the USTA Tennis On Campus program on their respective campus.
||University of California, Davis
||University of Central Florida
||Lone Star College - CyFair
||University of Maryland - College Park
||North Dakota State University