Freebody Cup Rules:
1. A match will consist of five doubles matches (1, 2, 3a, 3b, 4).
2. Teams must play in the order of rankings as approved by Captains.
3. All play is no Ad Scoring.
4. Innovative scoring will be used. Two out of three 4-game short sets. If 4-3 is reached, leading team must get to 5. If play is 4-4,play 12-point tiebreaker. (1st to seven or by two at 6-6).
5. If sets are 1-1, a 12-point Match Tie-Breaker will be played (First to seven or by two at 6-6).
6. Total cumulative games will determine winning team of each match.
7. When players rated 1/2, 2/3 or 3/4 drop down to play 2, 3 or 4, they must play with a 2, 3 or 4. The only time two 1/2, 2/3 or 3/4 can play together at the lower position is if their opponents want to do the same match-up.
8. When a captain is forced to use a substitute of similar rating from another team, his/her team will start 2 games down in each set, the match will count in the final score.
9. Match times are 5:30 pm or 6:00 pm every Wednesday (See schedule).
10. Warm-up and Practice – 5:00 pm every Wednesday.
11. Balls and water are provided.
12. Captains are responsible for line-up, returning match scores, player attitudes, and any non-paid fines at season’s end.
13. Anybody dressed nicely will be sent home.
14. Commish Freebody’s rulings will be final; we play under the “Fosters” (Australian for beer) rules of tennis. 1 Infringement = 1 Fine = 1 Beer.
At the end of the season, the following awards will be given:
1. The Prestigious Freebody Cup to the Winning Team
2. Most Valuable Player – League
3. Most Valuable Player – Each Team
4. Most Improved Player – League
5. The “Cool It” Award – Most Fines
RETURN TO FREEBODY CUP HOMEPAGE