Addition to Division Play Rule in the FAC
In 2009 the USTA added a regulation defining what letter divisions wheelchair tournament players must enter. The goal of the new definitions was to ensure a fair playing field where each participant was ability appropriate. This was a success with both tournament directors and players. However, with every new rule, clarification is always necessary to ensure we are serving the USTA members to the best of our abilities.
It was important for 2010 to clarify the eligibility of players in the Quad Division to participate in the Men’s and Women’s Letter Divisions as well as the opportunity for Women’s Open players to compete in the Men’s Letter Divisions when a draw of 5 is unavailable. We have created a table that will specify the appropriate division to be entered. It is the goal of the USTA to ensure that all wheelchair players have as many opportunities to participate in USTA wheelchair tennis tournaments as possible. Do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
A Quad player has the option of choosing the lettered division of a tournament appropriate to their gender.
- A Quad Open player ranked in the top 15 in the world must compete in the A or Open Division appropriate for their gender.
- A Quad Open player ranked below 15 in the world can compete in the B Division or above appropriate for their gender.
- A Quad A player can compete in the C Division or higher appropriate for their gender.
A Women’s Open player may compete in the Men’s lettered divisions if a Women’s Open draw of 5 or more is unavailable.
- A Women’s Open player ranked top 30 in the world or above may compete in the Men’s A or Open Division.
- A Women’s Open player ranked below 30 in the world may compete in the Men’s B Division or above.
2010 Move Up:Move Down List
We also recommend that you check for your status on the PDF file of players who have been affected by the 2010 Move-Up:Move:Down rule. If you do not see your name on the list you may continue to enter the divisions you have in the past. If you are in the move up category that signifies a requirement to move up a division for 2010. If you are in the move down category you are eligible to play in your current division or the one directly below it. If you are in the ineligible letter division category that means you can only play in the Open division. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding these new rules at email@example.com.
2009 Final Rankings
2009 FAC Changes