USTA On-Court Training is comprised of the Team Coaching Workshop and the 10 and Under Tennis Workshop. Over 300 workshops are conducted each year reaching over 9,000 participants.
Each workshop has specific goals in mind to help prepare coaches, instructors and parents to give tennis players of all ages and abilities an exceptional experience.
Team Coaching Workshops target those working with people of all ages, while 10 and Under Tennis Workshops are for those only working with kids 10 & Under.
Is a Recreational On-Court Training for me?
These workshops are designed for anyone working with entry level players who are looking to instill a love of the game.
Who should attend?
- Anyone who wants to help grow tennis!
- Parents and grandparents seeking the basics in coaching and organizing teams
- Park & Recreation instructors
- Physical Education teachers
- Middle and high school coaches and teachers
- After School Provides
- Adaptive tennis instructors and program providers
- League captains
What happens in a Recreational On-Court training?
Lead by specially educated and certified national trainers, these interactive workshops help you learn to become a recreational coach by immersing you in dynamic on-court activities.
I am interested in team tennis. Will a Recreational On-Court Training prepare me?
Yes. Tennis is not only an individual sport, it’s all about teams. You will learn how to easily set up team competitions with scoring and equipment that is age appropriate. For children 10 and under, these elements are part of a play format known as 10 and Under Tennis. Kids aged 11-18 progress to Jr. Team Tennis and then to adult leagues.
What do I receive from a Recreational On-Court Training?
- Training from a certified PTR and/ or USPTA professional who has received special training from the USTA
- Recreational practice plans
- A participant manual
- Coaching Minute
- Certificate of attendance
- The knowledge to implement the 10 and Under Tennis play format in your programming
- Access to the latest in modified equipment and additional coaching resources and sample balls
10 and Under Tennis Workshop testimonials:
"I loved the new and fun ways in engaging the kids and teaching them the techniques, rather than the old fashioned ways of drills."
– Jane, Elm Grove, Wisc.
"It was interesting that I can participate, perhaps even instruct or assist in instructing, without prior tennis experience." – George, Elm Grove, Wisc.
"The new ideas on how to get kids playing tennis and having FUN." – Phyllis, Santa Monica, Calif.
"It is great to keep the kids involved and playing games, instead of drills." – John, Pittsburgh
Team Coaching Workshop testimonials:
“A new way to teach tennis, people learn by playing. Very dynamic! Great experience!!” – Freddy, San Sebastian, P.R.
“It fit the needs of all participants, regardless of what level they coach on.” – Kent, Memphis, Tenn.