Super Category II Guidelines - amended 3/18/2012, effective 1/1/2013
Some USTA Category II Tournaments will be designated "Super" Category II Tournaments by the National Adult/Senior Competition Committee. "Super" Category II Tournaments will be allocated more ranking points than other Category II Tournaments. In order to be designated a "Super" Category II Tournament the tournament:
- Must meet all the requirements of a Category II Tournament
- Must be in the top 50% of all Category II Tournaments in terms of numbers of players per event (men’s tournaments will be compared to men’s tournaments and women’s tournaments will be compared to women’s tournaments in terms of draw size, and the age divisions offered will be a consideration). In the 30, 35, 85 and 90 age divisions, the Players Per Event calculation will not include those events and the included players where an event has less than four entries.
- Should offer a ¾ playoff and must offer at least a first match singles loser voluntary consolation.
- The 30, 35, 85 & 90s will not count in the Players Per Event Calculation when they have less than 4 entries.
- The Tournament Director should send out a post-tournament email regarding evaluations.
Geographic location will be a factor but will be less important than draw strength.
Super Category II status and the Super Category II guidelines will be reviewed annually.
The following tournaments have been granted this status:
(Click on the title for more information)