The United States Tennis Association’s National Wheelchair Tennis Committee and National Staff annually review the national rankings of all wheelchair tennis players to ensure fair play at every level. In accordance with the USTA Regulations in the Friend at Court (FAC) under Section G, including Table 5, players have either been moved up or are eligible to play down. We recommend you read this by following the link below.
A Quad player has the option of choosing the lettered division of a tournament appropriate to their gender.
- A Quad Open player ranked in the top 15 in the world must compete in the A or Open Division appropriate for their gender.
- A Quad Open player ranked below 15 in the world can compete in the B Division or above appropriate for their gender.
- A Quad A player can compete in the C Division or higher appropriate for their gender.
A Women’s Open player may compete in the Men’s lettered divisions if a Women’s Open draw of 5 or more is unavailable.
- A Women’s Open player ranked top 30 in the world or above may compete in the Men’s A or Open Division.
- A Women’s Open player ranked below 30 in the world may compete in the Men’s B Division or above.
2011 Move Up:Move Down List
We also recommend that you check for your status on the PDF file of players who have been affected by the 2011 Move-Up:Move:Down rule. If you do not see your name on the list you may continue to enter the divisions you have in the past. If you are in the move up category that signifies a requirement to move up a division for 2011. If you are in the move down category you are eligible to play in your current division or the one directly below it. If you are in the ineligible letter division category that means you can only play in the Open division. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding these new rules at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2010 Final Rankings
Past Year Information
2010 Move Up-Down Information