Sanction Application Procedures for the
2014 National Junior Tournament Schedule
Applications Due Sunday, May 19, 2013 - 11:59 pm ET
The Junior Competition & Sportsmanship Committee has begun soliciting bids for the 2014 National Junior Tournament Schedule. The sanction process for National Junior Tournaments takes place annually. All existing sanction holders must re-bid each year in compliance with the deadlines and requirements.
National Junior Tournaments are the highest level of junior competition in the United States. Applicants must be able to demonstrate a significant level of experience and success in organizing USTA sanctioned tournaments to be considered for a sanction.
Only those persons authorized by an Applicant may submit a bid. Eligible Applicants include USTA Organization Members, Sectional Associations, District Associations or subdivisions of a Sectional Association, and Direct Member Clubs or Organizations.
To quickly locate information on specific topics related to the application for 2014 National Junior Tournaments, click on the topic in the list below.
2014 National Junior Tournaments
Sanction Application Overview
Sanction Application Step One - Online Sanction Form
Sanction Application Step Two - Supplemental Bid Form
2014 NATIONAL JUNIOR TOURNAMENTS: Click here to download a list and description of the 2014 National Junior Tournaments for which the Junior Competition & Sportsmanship Committee is accepting bids. Prior to submitting a Sanction Application, please review the downloadable document. Applicants are responsible for understanding the requirements of the events for which they bid. Sanction dates, draw sizes, draw formats, and entry fees are mandated and may not be changed by a Tournament Committee. The downloadable document also includes the minimum court requirements for the tournaments and the recommended number of practice courts.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The application deadline is 11:59 pm ET on Sunday, May 19, 2013 (one minute before midnight, Eastern Time). Applications may be denied solely on the basis of lateness.
SANCTION APPLICATION OVERVIEW: The application is a two-step process, both steps of which must be completed by the Application Deadline. Applications may be denied solely on the basis of failing to complete one of the two steps or submitting an incomplete Application.
• One Bid for First Choice of Divisions: The bid must be for the Applicant’s preferred choice of division or divisions and Applicant may not apply for more divisions than they are able to hold (based on the minimum court requirements). When more than one division is being bid on (e.g., The USTA Boys' 18 and 16 USTA National Championships), one Online Sanction Form and one Supplemental Bid Form is required - do not submit two separate sets of forms. If Applicant is open to hosting any division, it must still bid on its preferred choice of divisions - there will be a place on the Supplemental Bid Form to indicate alternate divisions that would be acceptable to the Applicant, as well as a place to indicate whether Applicant is willing to take more or fewer divisions.
• One Bid Required for Each Tournament: Except as noted below under "One Bid Per Tournament Segment," Applicants submitting bids for more than one tournament must submit a separate Online Sanction Form and Supplemental Bid Form for each tournament. For example, if both a February USTA National Selection Tournament and an October USTA National Selection Tournament are being bid for, two separate Online Sanction Forms and two separate Supplemental Bid Forms must be completed.
• One Bid Per Tournament Segment: In some cases, both USTA National Selection Tournaments and USTA Regional Tournaments (Open and Closed) are open for bid in the same date block. These date blocks are President’s Weekend, the Columbus Day Weekend, and Thanksgiving. When bidding on a tournament in one of these date blocks, Applicant must submit one Online Sanction Form and one Supplemental Bid Form for the Applicant’s preferred tournament type - either a USTA National Selection Tournament or a USTA Regional Tournament. Do not submit forms for both tournament types even if Applicant is willing to organize either type. There will be a place on the Supplemental Bid Form to indicate whether the Applicant will consider holding a different tournament type in the same date block than has been applied for.
Step One - Online Sanction Form: The first step is to apply online using the Online Sanction Form. Click the link below to be taken to the login page where the online process begins:
• Support: Email the TennisLink Team for assistance at email@example.com.
• Naming Tournaments: When submitting a bid, give the tournament the name as set forth on the 2014 National Tournament Descriptions document. For example: USTA National Selection Tournament, USTA Zone Team Championship, USTA National Warm Up Tournament.
• Online Sanction Form Must Include All Information Requested: All information requested on the Online Sanction Form must be provided. Please treat the request for the Tournament Organizer as a request for the name of the Tournament Chairman. Direct any questions regarding requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Online Sanction Form Must Have "National Junior Schedule Event" Selected as "Category": Applicants must select "National Junior Schedule Event" under "Category" which is found under the "General" tab in the "Tournament Info" section on the Online Sanction Form. The bid will not reach the Junior Competition & Sportsmanship Committee and may not be considered if "National Junior Schedule Event" is not selected in the "Category" section.
• Online Sanction Form Must Have "USTA Endorsed" Selected as "Entry Type": Applicants must select "USTA Endorsed" under "Entry Type" which is found under the "Entry Info" tab in the Entry Details" section on the Online Sanction Form
• Online Sanction Form "Player Selection Type": Applicants must select the following "Player Selection Type":
- USTA National Championship Bid: "National Championship"
- USTA National Selection Tournament: "National Open"
- USTA Regional Tournament (Open or Closed): "Regionals"
- USTA Team Championship: "No Selection Process"
- USTA National Spring Tournament and USTA National Warm Up Tournament: "Tournament Director Selection Process"
• Payment of Sanction Fee: The credit card payment of the fee for an approved sanction does not take place until late in the calendar year. To avoid delays in an approved tournament appearing in the Searchable Schedule, if at all possible, please provide a credit card that has an expiration date on or after November 31 of the year in which the application is submitted.
• Tournament ID Number: Make a note of the Tournament ID Number that is issued when the Online Sanction Form is submitted as it is a required field on the Supplemental Bid Form. The number appears under the Tournament ID heading on the "My Tournaments" page
• Submit Online Sanction Form: An Online Sanction Form is not submitted until the applicant clicks "Submit" on the "My Tournaments" page. Once all information has been provided on the Online Sanction Form, click "Click here to finish" that appears on the top of the page. This will take the applicant to the "My Tournaments" page. Click "Submit" under the "Action" heading. Once the Online Sanction Form has been submitted, "Pending" will appear under the "Status" heading.
Step Two - Supplemental Bid Form: The Supplemental Bid Form is an additional automated form that provides information to the Junior Competition & Sportsmanship Committee not provided on the Online Sanction Form. It must be submitted for each tournament by the Application Deadline. Submission of the Supplemental Bid Form is mandatory and applications may be denied solely on the basis of failing to submit a timely Supplemental Bid Form.
SAMPLE SUPPLEMENTAL BID FORM:
To assist Applicants in preparing the Supplemental Bid Form, a sample version can be downloaded by clicking here
. Download and review BEFORE completing the automated form. Once you start a Supplemental Bid Form, you will not be able to save, exit and return to the Form at a later time.
Click here to complete a Supplemental Bid Form for a USTA National Championship
Click here to complete a Supplemental Bid Form for a USTA National Selection Tournament
Click here to complete a Supplemental Bid Form for a USTA Regional Tournament
Click here to complete a Supplemental Bid Form for a USTA Team Championship
Click here to complete a Supplemental Bid Form for Other USTA National Tournaments