2012 USTA Regional Tournament – October Segment
Player Entry Instructions
In 2010, the USTA Junior Competition Committee approved the reorganization of the USTA Regional Tournaments in order to address the goals of reducing cost, encouraging playing tournaments closer to home and creating time for training. It also better organizes the national tournament structure to allow Sections to more effectively plan their schedules.
Entry into more than one USTA Regional Tournament- Octoberwill be allowed and players are now able to register online via their USTA Membership number. While eight (8) sites will be offered in each age division the USTA Junior Competition Committee has limited the number of events a player may enter to four (4). While you have the option of entering four (4) sites there is no obligation to do so. Please only register for the site(s) that you are willing to travel to if selected.
Draw Size of 32:
· 6 players will be selected from the top 200 players on the most recent National Standing List of the next-younger age division.
· 25 players will be selected from the most recent National Standing List of the division of the event.
· 1 players may be selected by Wild Card. Unused Wild Cards will be filled by players from the National Standing List of the division of the event. Players must be eligible for national ranking to receive a Wild Card.
· Remaining vacancies will be filled by players from the National Standing List of the division of the event.
· In the 12 and under age division, 31 players will be selected from the most recent National Standing List.
It is important to note that once the entry deadline of Thursday, September 20th 11:59am EDT has passed players will not be able to modify their site preferences. Once a player has been accepted into a USTA Regional Tournament, the player shall not be eligible for player in any other USTA Regional Tournament.
To register for the USTA Regional Tournament Segment- October click here.