For more than 10 years, NRPA has partnered with the USTA to bring parks and recreation agencies, Tennis in the Parks (TIP). TIP is a strategic initiative designed to help you improve and expand opportunities in communities nationwide for the public to learn and play the lifelong game of tennis.
TIP and all associated program resources are FREE to eligible agencies that are committed to growing and improving tennis programs and infrastructure in the community. A multi-prong approach ensures that the TIP initiative meets park and recreation’s needs:
- TIP is focused on quality tennis programming, from instruction, team tennis and league play, to marketing and partnerships.
- TIP helps ensure that public tennis facilities are in optimum condition.
TIP is committed to ensuring the sustainability of tennis in the public park sector by:
- Developing an advocacy agenda to support master planning to include tennis,
- Mounting bond referendum support for community projects that include tennis, and
- Building a network of local tennis advocates eager to reach out to local policy makers about the need and benefits of quality tennis programming and infrastructure.
TIP communities also gain access to:
- Marketing support for programs
- A Court Construction and Maintenance manual
- The USTA’s online tennis advocacy resource
- Expert technical assistance from USTA's Technical Team
- Discounts on tennis equipment
- Training support for coaches
- Information on USTA events and trainings in your area
- Access to USTA grants for programming and facilities