December 18, 2018
POSITION TITLE: Sport Management Intern
Application Deadline: Monday, February 11th, 2019
Reports to: Associate Director, Marketing & Communications
Compensation: Unpaid / For College Credit Only
The United States Tennis Association (USTA) Middle States section, based in Valley Forge, Pa., is looking for a sport management intern for summer 2019.
Interns in this position will report to the Associate Director of Marketing and Communications,, and will work closely with various departments to promote and execute projects in competition and community development.
Interns have the opportunity to work closely with both professional and recreational tennis. An interest in public relations, marketing or event management is required.
1. Content Development - Assist in the processes of creating original content, including writing, photography and graphic design
2. Marketing - Assist in promoting events and programsADVERTISEMENT
3. Media and publications - Assist in growing media and contributing to online and print publications
4. Event Management - Assist with event planning of Middle States sponsored events
5. Community Development - Work with community team on local events and the growth of school tennis initiative
7. Video editing - Assist in the editing and assembling of raw material for promotional video use
8. Other duties as assigned
1. Current enrollment in a college or university
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills
3. Strong interpersonal communications skills
4. Computer experience in Microsoft Office platform; interest in the Adobe Creative Suite
5. Strong editing skills
6. Ability to keep deadlines, handle tasks responsibly and work independently
7. Interest in, and knowledge of, one or more of the following fields: journalism, marketing, public relations, sports management
- April through September – with flexible start date
- Candidate must be available for at least 15 hours per week, for a 10-week period*
- Candidate must be available to work weekend events when needed
- Candidate must have a valid driving license and reliable transportation
- USTA Middle States will work with the college or university to provide course credit
*Hours per week and duration of internship are negotiable, for the right candidate, based on student's needs.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to USTA Middle States Communications and Marketing (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Include “Intern Application” in the subject line. Application deadline is February 11, 2019