January 5, 2018
POSITION TITLE: TENNIS SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
DEADLINE: February 5th, 2018
The primary focus of a Tennis Service Representative (TSR) is to uphold the mission of the USTA in promoting and developing the growth of tennis within a designated region. TSRs will provide sales consultation, business development strategies and customized service to assist local tennis providers and organizers in achieving success. Additionally, TSRs will help identify non-tennis entities that might partner with us to grow the sport in local and regional markets.
This is a full-time position in the Philadelphia area covering Montgomery, Chester, and Bucks County. Developing youth and adult tennis programs in the local community at clubs, parks, and schools. Excellent sales, organizational, computer skills, and tennis background required. ADVERTISEMENT
Other Responsibilities Include
1. Conduct regular prospecting, sales calls and meetings with tennis providers and organizations designed to increase participation and play frequency by attracting new, former and underserved audiences
2. Promote “key” USTA and Industry initiatives by gaining support, acceptance and distribution through local providers
3. Provide facilities and organizations with relevant program information, marketing materials, grant information and other resources as needed
4. Actively promote tennis opportunities for multicultural and diverse populations
5. Represent the USTA by attending, coordinating and/or delivering workshops, events or meetings designed to strengthen the local delivery system and increase participation in tennis.
6. Work in a positive and cooperative manner with all USTA Section, District and National staff and volunteers
7. Administrative reporting, data entry, phone calls, conference calls, webinars and trainings as required
Key Performance Indicators
1. Each USTA Section will designate specific measurable performance objectives (Goals) in support of USTA National and Section Dashboard with emphasis on Net Generation, School Tennis, junior entry level tournaments and local Junior Team Tennis.
2. Feedback from facilities and organizations visited
Internal and External Relationships
The TSR will work in cooperation with USTA National, Section, District staff and volunteer network.The TSR will build relationships with leaders at schools, tennis facilities/clubs, Community Tennis Associations, park & recreation districts, service organizations, retailers, manufacturing representatives and with non-tennis entities in an attempt to grow the game.
1. Must be self starter, and ability to work independently.
2. Must be able to handle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
3. Excellent organizational, administrative and management skills required.
4. Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
5. Customer service skills and ability to work with volunteers.
6. Computer experience to include Power Point, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
7. High energy and enthusiasm
8. Knowledge of USTA MS programs and tennis background preferred.
9. Ability to work as part of the USTA MS programming team.
10. College degree required.
11. Must have the ability to drive within territory
1. Knowledge and connections in tennis industry as well as familiarity within territory.
2. Prior experience starting community programming.
3. Knowledge of youth progression, Net Generation, and USTA Junior Team Tennis.
4. On-court training experience.
Full time exempt staff member based out of home. Significant evening and weekend work required. Attend meetings, events and workshops as required.