POSITION TITLE: Part-time Area League Coordinator for USTA League Tennis
Application Deadline: Wednesday, March 27th, 2019
Reports to: Manager of Adult Leagues
Coordinate USTA League Tennis activities within the assigned district. Increase participation in league tennis by servicing current league tennis programs, promoting and developing current league programs and new league programs. Establish strong relationships with the local delivery system including tennis and non-tennis facilities, organizations and volunteers. Assist local league coordinators where applicable with any league issues.
1. Recruit captains and communicate with continuing captains.
2. Prepare district calendar; coordinate with section imposed district end-dates.
3. Coordinate local leagues including scheduling of league matches.
4. Work with Manager of Adult Leagues to define volunteer structure within district.
Conduct captains' meetings.
6. Tournament Director for district championships.
7. Meet with tennis facility personnel to show the benefits of league tennis to their facility and as necessary, provide awareness, education, marketing materials and support for increasing league tennis participation at the local level.
8. Actively promote tennis opportunities for 18-39 year old participants with the Manager of Adult Competition.
9. Provide local marketing ideas, strategies and PR support to tennis facilities in order to increase the number of new players and to increase retention of current players.
10. Represent USTA MS by attending and/or assisting in workshops, events or meetings designed to strengthen the local delivery system.
11. Submit updated goals and activity reports to the Manager of Adult Leagues as required.
12. Assist in writing the budget for district activities such as district championships.
13. To serve as liaison and work closely with the assigned district council and Tennis Service Representative.
14. Other duties as assigned.
The Area League Coordinator will work in conjunction with the USPTA, PTR, local volunteers, local tennis facility owners and managers, Park and Recreation leaders, Collegiate Administrators, CTA Administrators, and other organizations who share similar interest in an effort to promote USTA League Tennis.
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee.
1. Excellent organizational, administrative and management skills required.
2. Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
3. Customer service skills.
4. Ability to work with and oversee volunteers.
5. Computer experience to include Power Point, Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
6. High energy and enthusiasm.
7. Knowledge of USTA MS league program and tennis background preferred.
8. Ability to work independently and as part of the USTA MS programming team.
9. College degree preferred but not required.
Part time hourly staff member be based in a USTA MS satellite office. Some evening and weekend work required. Attend meetings, events and workshops as required. Actual number of hours will vary.