Community Play Manager
January 4, 2019
Title: Community Play Manager Reports to: Community Tennis Manager
Location: Home Office - within Section or Section Office
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, plus some weekends and nights
Position Summary: To assist USTA Missouri Valley in its mission to promote and develop the growth of tennis by working with the Districts, community and local field staff. Manage and develop Net Generation programming, local play opportunities and partnerships including school programs, school partnerships, community programs, entry level play opportunities and Community Tennis Associations (CTAs).
Establish strong relationships with the local field staff, local delivery system, including tennis and non-tennis facilities, organizations and volunteers. Implementation and promotion of community play opportunities (school programs, community programs, entry level tournaments). ADVERTISEMENT Contribute to the efforts to build and promote the full spectrum of the youth tennis pathway. Directly impact the growth of tennis aligning with section strategic priorities and core values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Team with field staff and the local community to assess opportunities and as necessary provide awareness, education, materials and support for the introduction of tennis and increasing tennis participation
● Promote and develop key program initiatives within the Community Tennis Division including schools, community, entry level tournaments and CTAs
● Recruit, educate and retain volunteers and Net Generation providers who coordinate tennis program activities
● Create and develop a plan for CTAs in USTA Missouri Valley Section
● Represent the USTA Missouri Valley Section in designated areas by attending, coordinating and/or assisting in workshops, events or meetings designed to strengthen the local delivery system
● Manage and operate within the approved budget
● Work in a positive and collaborative manner with District, Section and National staff and volunteers
● Prepare and submit requested reports, in a timely manner - including: Event/Meeting summaries, Committee Meeting reports and or other reports as assigned by Executive Director, Community Tennis Director or Community Tennis Manager
● Attend USTA Missouri Valley Semi-Annual and Annual Meeting, TEAM Meetings and Conference Calls, USTA National Calls, District meetings as applicable. Attend other meetings as assigned by supervisor
Organizational Relationships: Schools, tennis teaching professionals, tennis facilities/clubs, USTA Missouri Valley members, Parks and Recreation personnel, service organizations, Community Tennis Association leaders, volunteers, District, and National staff
Travel: Moderate travel is required
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from an accredited college or university; two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required Understanding of the USTA Missouri Valley Section Structure, a plus Knowledge of Net Generation, a plus Previous experience with USTA programs preferred USPTA or PTR certification a plus Ability to travel Strong organizational skills Excellent communication skills Ability to work nights and weekends as required Proficient in Google Suite products
Submission Process & Deadline: Please email completed application, resume and 3 references to email@example.com by Friday, January 18. Please direct any questions to Tara Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for the application.