Junior Team Tennis:
Janet Louer National Organizer of the Year Award
January 1, 2017
The Next Generation: A Tennis Innovation Workshop
A person who does not work for a section or district office and who meets the following criteria:
• Successfully implemented other USTA Tennis programs
• Generated interest in USTA Junior Team Tennis programs through local promotions
• Creatively and effectively utilized section and/or national funding
• Sponsorship development – ability to find and utilize resources other than the USTA
• Community Tennis Association participation and/or development
• Number of participants in USTA Junior Team Tennis
Each section recognizes one individual as the Organizer of the Year and the 17 section award recipients become part of a pool for the Janet Louer National Organizer of the Year Award.
Follows the Fall Awards Timetable. See Awards homepage for standard timelines.
National Manager, USTA Junior Team Tennis
The award is named after Janet Louer, an individual who was instrumental in the development of junior tennis during her lifetime. As the administrator for USTA Junior Team Tennis in Georgia, she built the state championships into the largest youth team tennis state championships in the nation. Her expertise also was utilized in the development of the section and national championships for the program.
Louer was also known for her work in the realm of competitive junior tennis. The Janet Louer National Organizer of the Year Award is presented to an individual who delivers USTA Junior Team Tennis to their community and embodies the true meaning of having a positive impact on children.
2006 Carla O’Connor
2007 Rita Gladstone
2008 Laura Mitchell
2009 Lisa Bowen
2010 Julie Watson Dick
2011 Justin DePietropaolo
2013 Heidi Stryker
2014 Leslie Jackson
2015 Jennifer Toomy
2016 Oliver Summers