Calling all innovators, newbies, sunseekers, professors, motivators, builders…whoever you are and whatever your style, tennis needs your skills! With 5.9 million new players (and counting!) having picked up a racquet since 2020, there’s never been a better time to get involved. So step up to the baseline, share your passion for tennis and help shape the future of the sport in your community.
Here are a few ways to get started:
- Volunteer to help with tennis programs at your local community center or park.
- Connect with your local USTA Section to explore opportunities.
- Participate in a USTA Coaching Fundamentals Workshop in your area.
- Search for jobs in tennis.
- Pursue certification through the Professional Tennis Registry.
- If you’re already coaching, make the most of your offerings. Use Serve Tennis to create a free website, connect with your players, manage your programs and more—all in one place.
Tennis is goooooood for you.
Tennis improves heart health.
Tennis helps build and keep friendships.
Tennis improves coordination, agility and balance.
Tennis promotes mental well-being.
Tennis increases fitness levels.
Tennis raises self-confidence and lowers tension.