Resources for Junior Team Tennis
February 17, 2017
The following includes information and responsibilities for each team coach/manager. Please review this information carefully and relay all information to your team members.
- The team coach/manager is responsible for checking the team in at the site of the match. You will receive your schedule and scorecards in your packet. All match line-ups must be submitted to the tournament desk at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the match. Penalties will be enforced at the tournament director's discretion (i.e. every individual match will start one game down for every five minutes the line-up is late).
- Teams will be given two courts for a team match. The order will be boys and girls singles, boys and girls doubles and then mixed doubles unless otherwise specified by the tournament director. Mixed doubles will always be the fifth match.
- Team coach/managers will record scores on the extra scorecards provided in their packet and once the match is completed, report scores to the tournament desk and sign completed scorecard.
- All matches will observe a ten-minute warm-up, including serves with a three minute warm-up in between sets. ADVERTISEMENT Play is continuous.
- If a player on a qualifying team advancing to a championship competition is, for whatever reason, unable to participate, a substitute player may be added to the qualifying team's roster from the same local league in order to meet the minimum team size requirement.
- In no event can more than two substitutes, one boy and one girl be added to a team's roster for competition.
- Any substitutions must be approved prior to the championship in which the substitution is occurring.
- No substitutions may be made in an individual match after the lineup has been presented, except for injury to or illness of a player prior to the start of such match. If the substitution is made during the warm-up, the substitute player is entitled to a five minute warm-up.
- If the qualifying team cannot field the minimum number of qualifying players, a team selected by the section may advance for further competition.
- Substitution players are only allowed for those teams who originally had at least the team minimum of three girls and three boys who are eligible to advance.
- Eligibility of substitute players for a team advancing from one level of championship to another may be impacted by the return of the original player. The team coach/manager must decide which player will participate since a team roster cannot be increased for subsequent advancements.
- Medical conditions include but are not limited to an injury, illness and heat-related condition or cramping.
- A medical timeout consists of evaluation time as determined by the umpire plus a maximum of three minutes treatment time.
- Toilet visit. A player may request one or more suspensions of play for a toilet visit. No coaching shall be permitted during the suspension of play for either a medical timeout or a toilet visit.
- In the event of rain, the site director on site will stop play and the team coach/,manager will turn their scorecards in to the site desk. Players will not be allowed to leave the site until released by the site director on site.
USTA Eastern offers lots of opportunities to play tennis on a team! Your first move is to contact your local coordinator to get started with the sport for a lifetime.
Click here for information about how the Youth Progression affects Junior Team Tennis.
Click here to view photos of Junior Team Tennis.
Click here for information about Junior Ratings.
Click here for information about the 2016/2017 benchmarks.