USTA Sanctioned and Unsanctioned Tournament Director Approval Process
Are you interested in becoming a Tournament Director on Serve Tennis?
To become an approved Tournament Director, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be endorsed and invited by the Section in which the event will take place;
- USTA Organization membership is required (no cost)
- USTA Serve Tennis Knowledge and Training Required
- Applicant must have a Serve Tennis Activated Account or be added as a Tournament Director admin for an Organization in Serve Tennis
- Knowledge of Rules and Regulations related to the new 2021 Junior, Adult and Wheelchair Tournament Structure (for sanctioned events)
- Applicant must be Safe Play Approved
Steps that must be completed prior to submitting a tournament application:
- USTA Approved Tournament Director: Accept the invitation to become an approved National/Sectional/District Tournament Director. You must accept and be an approved Tournament Director in order to host any type of tournament in 2021 (sanctioned, unsanctioned, adult, junior, or wheelchair). If you are interested in hosting a tournament and have not received an invitation, please contact the respective office (National/Sectional/District).
- Serve Tennis Account: Set up your Serve Tennis account and link to your organization (this will need to be completed before you can submit a tournament application). For more information on setting up your Serve Tennis account, click here. For more information on linking to your organization, click here.
- Safe Play Approved: Become Safe Play Approved. All tournament directors are required to be Safe Play approved in order to host any level event (adult, junior, or wheelchair). The Serve Tennis system will actually not even allow you to submit a tournament application without being approved. Please make sure that you have completed all the necessary Safe Play training and are up to date on your background check. To check your status, please visit https://www.usta.com/en/home/safe-play.html, click the Check Your Status box (you will need to login using your USTA login which is the one for TennisLink) and a new screen will pop up with your status (either indicating you are Safe Play Approved or highlighting steps that need to be completed to become approved). We recommend that you complete this at your earliest convenience to not delay tournament application submissions. For assistance in completing the Safe Play process, click here.
As a reminder, the Customer Care Center is available should you need assistance or want additional information/training on the various other functionalities within the Serve Tennis platform. To help serve you, an online Help Center with articles and videos specific to using the new system has been created, which you can reference at any time by clicking here. A USTA Customer Care team is also available Monday-Friday from 8:00am-6:00pm CST and can be reached via email at email@example.com or by phone at 800-990-8782. You can also submit a question directly to the team from the Help Center by clicking here. If you are interested in attending additional training sessions on the Serve Tennis platform and want to learn more about all the features available, click here to sign up for an upcoming webinar.