GRANTS AND ASSISTANCE:
Welcome to the USTA Facility Services program. Whether you’re just starting out and dreaming of building a state-of-the-art, multi-court tennis facility, you're interested in 36' or 60' tennis, or you just want to figure out how to repair the cracked courts at the local park down the street, you’re in the right place – the USTA is here to help!
How can we help make your tennis facility dream come true? The USTA Facility Services program can offer you and your community assistance with business, development, technical, advocacy and financial resources. In addition, communities are appointed project consultants from the USTA National staff, who deliver personalized support and service to help take your project from dream to reality.
The USTA Tennis Venue + Design Group has partnered with countless organizations, cities and universities around the nation in their quest to grow the sport of tennis. ADVERTISEMENT To view our portfolio and client testimonials, please click here.
To be considered for project funding, communities must:
- Start the process by completing a USTA Facility Services form
- Be actively engaged with the USTA Facility Services program (working with USTA-appointed project consultant, etc.). Any project completed prior to engaging the USTA is NOT eligible for funding.
- Meet specified industry standards for project as determined by the USTA Facility Services program’s technical team.
- Demonstrate financial need and matching (up to 50 percent) of project funds.
Please read below to gain a better understanding of the technical and financial components of the USTA Facility Services Program:
The USTA Facility Services program’s technical team is the best resource we offer communities. With industry leading experience in tennis court/facility construction, our technical team offers everything from concept plans to professional construction document review.
Concept plans are a powerful advocacy tool and help solidify your vision for your project. Our professional construction document review ensures that you and your community are investing in a long-term tennis court solution that will work for you and meets or exceeds industry standards. All of these resources are free of charge to you and your community.
Our technical team has compiled list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) that can be accessed here.
NOTE: The USTA Facility Services program’s technical team works with hundreds of projects across the country, and their services are rendered on a project-by-project basis. Depending on other projects in the queue, services for your project may not be immediate.
The USTA can assist in negotiations with government agencies and private developers. The USTA can also provide guidance in regards to initial programming, operational planning, and staffing.
- Basic facility improvements, including fixed court amenities (i.e., backboards, fencing, windscreens, etc.).
- USTA National contribution: Up to 50 percent of total project cost ($5,000 maximum).
- Resurfacing of existing 36’, 60’ and 78' courts. Converting an existing 78' court to stand-alone 36' courts. Lighting costs.
- USTA National contribution: Up to 50 percent of total project cost ($30,000 maximum).
- 2 - 3 courts = $10,000 maximum
- 4 - 11 courts = $20,000 maximum
- 12+ courts = $30,000 maximum
- New construction or existing facility reconstruction of 36’, 60’ and 78' courts.
- USTA National contribution: Up to 50 percent of total project cost ($100,000 maximum).
- 2 - 3 courts = $30,000 maximum
- 4 - 11 courts = $50,000 maximum
- 12+ courts = $100,000 maximum
- Painting permanent 36' and 60' tennis lines on existing courts, paved areas, blacktops, playgrounds or gymnasiums. Click here to learn more about our 36' & 60' Court Resources.
- USTA National contribution: Up to 100 percent of total project cost ($400 per court and $5,000 maximum).
- Install live streaming and/or player analysis technology at varsity tennis facilities (click here for more).
- USTA National Contribution: Up to 50 percent of total project cost ($10,000 maximum).
To fully understand the process by which communities receive assistance from the USTA and what is expected from communities, please review the Guide to USTA’s Tennis Venue + Design Group. To begin the USTA Facility Services process, please complete the USTA Facility Services form.
To view a complete array of technical specifications for 78' courts, 78' courts with blended lines, permanent 36' and 60' courts, striping plans and more, visit our Resources and Tools page.
The American Sports Builders Association (ASBA) is here to assist you with your tennis court construction needs.
To find a Certified Tennis Court Builder in your area, click here.
To learn more about the American Sports Builders Association Tennis Division and the value in working with a Certified Tennis Court Builder, click here.
Each year, the USTA recognizes facilities throughout the country to encourage increasingly high standards for construction and/or renovation. Click here to learn more about the USTA Outstanding Facility Award.
Click here for more FAQs regarding facilities.