GRANTS AND ASSISTANCE:
Welcome to the USTA’s Tennis Venue + Design Group’s Facility Services program. Whether you’re just starting out and dreaming of building a state-of-the-art, multi-court tennis facility, you're interested in 36' or 60' tennis courts, or simply need to repair cracked courts at the local park down the street, you’re in the right place.
Customers are appointed project consultants from the USTA National staff, who deliver personalized support and service to help take your project from dream to reality.
- USTA assistance and support with negotiations between government agencies and private developers
- Forecasting and financial recommendations that help determine project cost estimates.
- Identifying potential partners and funding sources
- Assistance with business plan preparation and review
- Providing recommendations for operations and staffing
- Assessment of existing facility to address any problems with tennis courts, lights, etc.
- Preparation of existing facility rehabilitation or renovation plans
- Review of contract bids
- Review of construction documents to ensure all project details are clear, accurate and concise
- Recommendations for alternative or cost saving methods for construction, grading and drainage plans
- Complimentary USTA Community Advocacy Handbook
- Assist project leaders in developing their project’s position and identifying a special proposal
- Provide tennis research and data to outline opportunities
The USTA offers competitive grant applications to facilities that meet the additional requirements outlined below:
- Category I
- Funding Description: Basic facility improvements, including fixed court amenities (i.e. backboards, fencing, windscreens, etc.)
- USTA Contribution: Up to 50% of total project cost ($5,000 maximum)
- Category II
- Funding Description: Resurfacing of existing 36’, 60’ and 78’ courts. Converting an existing 78’ court to stand-alone 36’ courts. Lighting costs.
- USTA Contribution: Up to 50% of total project cost ($30,000 maximum)
- 2-3 courts= $10,000 max
- 4-11 courts= $20,000 max
- 12+ courts= $30,000 max
- Category III
- Funding Description: New construction or existing facility reconstruction of 36’, 60’ and 78’ courts.
- USTA Contribution: Up to 50% of total project cost ($100,000 maximum)
- 2-3 courts= $30,000 max
- 4-11 courts= $50,000 max
- 12+ courts= $100,000 max
- Line Grants
- Funding Description: Painting permanent 36’ and 60’ tennis lines on existing courts, paved areas, blacktops, playgrounds or gymnasiums.
- USTA Contribution: Up to 100% of total project cost ($400/court and $5,000 maximum)
- Media/Technology Grants
- Funding Description: Collegiate Digital Media to install live streaming equipment. (Available to collegiate facilities only)
- USTA Contribution: Up to 50% of total project cost ($10,000 maximum)
To fully understand the process by which communities receive assistance from the USTA and what is expected from communities, please review the Guide to USTA’s Tennis Venue + Design Group.
To begin the USTA Facility Services process, please complete the USTA Facility Services form.
The USTA Tennis Venue + Design Group has partnered with countless organizations, cities and universities around the nation in their quest to grow the sport of tennis. To view our portfolio and client testimonials, please click here.
To view a complete array of technical specifications for 36’, 60’, and 78’ courts, striping plans and more, please visit our Resources and Tools page.
To view a list of FAQs, please click here.
To find an American Sports Builders Association (ASBA) Certified Tennis Court Builder in your area, click here.
To learn more about the ASBA’s Tennis Division and value in working with a Certified Tennis Court Builder, click here.
Each year, the USTA recognizes facilities throughout the country that exemplify high standards in both facility design and tennis programming. To learn more about the USTA Outstanding Facility Award, click here.