USTA LEAGUE PACIFIC NORTHWEST
USTA Pacific Northwest | June 28, 2018
NTRP RATINGS WEBINAR
In May of 2018, Heather Hawkes with the USTA National League Department, held an in person meeting in Portland and Bellevue to talk all things NTRP. In this meeting, Heather goes over the basics of NTRP, debunks some common myths, and addresses some local questions that PNW players brought up. Each meeting was recorded and can be accessed below. NOTE - We experiencing technical difficulties with the Bellevue meeting. As soon as it is resolved we will post the link again.
YEAR END RATINGS
Published in early December of each year, NTRP Ratings factor in all matches played from the prior year's cutoff date (for the 2017 year, it was November 1, 2016 - November 19, 2017). They are based on a combination of a player’s cumulative dynamic rating during the season and a comparison to an appropriate benchmark player.
To get a Year-End Rating, you must have played 3 matches during the year. The following matches are included:
• All Adult League matches (Adult 18, 40, 55 & 65)
• All One Doubles matches
• NTRP Tournaments (excludes Open and Age divisions)
• Mixed Doubles does NOT count (unless you play solely Mixed Doubles)
• Combo, Tri-Level, and Flex Leagues do NOT count
A player's Year-End Rating shall be used to join leagues during the following year and are valid for up to three years for players 59 or under (two years for players 60 and over) or until another rating is generated. If you only played Mixed Doubles, then your rating will be based upon your Mixed matches and you will be asked to self rate when you register for any Adult League.
2017 YEAR END RATINGS ON TENNISLINK
Released on December 1, 2017
FIND YOUR RATING by logging into the TennisLink USTA League Homepage
To the right of your name will be your 2017 NTRP Rating (you will know it's 2017 if the date next to your name now reads "12/31/2017")
See our How To Look Up Your Own Rating for more information
Year End Rating Advanced Search link
Year End Rating Facility Search link
APPEAL YOUR YEAR END RATING by clicking on the "appeal the rating" hyperlink below your rating on TennisLink.
PLEASE NOTE: The USTA posts the official NTRP ratings on TennisLink, located at tennislink.usta.com. This is the only public website where official NTRP ratings authorized by the USTA are posted and can be obtained. To learn more about 3rd party rating sites, click here.
Year-End Rating Adjustment on Early Start League Team
- If your 2017 Year-End Rating is higher than your 2016 Year-End Rating, you may play on your Early Start League Team through the local area league and local area playoffs without a change (unless you receive a letter stating that you are at the "clearly above level").
- If your team advances to Sectionals, you must play at the higher rating and will need to adjust doubles partnerships according to 2017 Year-End Ratings (so long as the new combined rating level does not exceed the team NTRP level).
- If your 2017 Year-End Rating is lower than your 2016 Year-End Rating you can request a rating adjustment on your Early Start League team roster to the new 2017 Year-End Rating by emailing email@example.com.
2.05E Promotion of Players 60 or Over and 65 or Over
- 2.05E(1) Any player who is 60 years of age or older prior to, or during, the calendar year in which such player plays his or her first local league match and has achieved the same rating level or lower for his or her three most recent year-end ratings, without benefit of appeal of the player’s year-end rating, will automatically be granted an appeal (A rating) if promoted. NTRP Dynamic Disqualification procedures as outlined in 2.04B(3) apply.
- 2.05E(2) All players age 65 or over, if promoted, will automatically be granted an appeal (A rating) of their current rating back to their previous valid year-end rating. NTRP Dynamic Disqualification procedures as outlined in 2.04B(3) apply.