USTA LEAGUE PACIFIC NORTHWEST
USTA Pacific Northwest | September 18, 2020
2020 YEAR END RATINGS UPDATE
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, USTA programming across the U.S. has been severely disrupted, with play happening sporadically, or not at all in many Sections and Districts. In addition, 80% of all USTA League Section and District Championships and 100% of USTA League National Championships have been canceled in 2020.
While the NTRP system remains sound, given all of the impacts COVID-19 has had on play, the USTA has made the difficult decision not to run or publish year-end NTRP ratings for 2020.
Please check out our FAQs for more information, including what this means for your rating for 2021. Our Customer Care team is also ready to serve you. You can email email@example.com if you have additional questions and one of our agents will be in contact as soon as possible. ADVERTISEMENT Customer Care hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-7pm Eastern.
2019 YEAR END RATINGS NOW AVAILABLE
Released December 2, 2019
Includes matches played during October 29, 2018 - November 10, 2019
FIND YOUR RATING by logging into the TennisLink USTA League Homepage
To the right of your name will be your 2019 NTRP Rating (you will know it's 2019 if the date next to your name reads "12/31/2019")
See How To Look Up Your Rating for more information
Year End Rating Advanced Search link
Year End Rating Facility Search link
APPEAL YOUR YEAR END RATING by clicking on the "Appeal Rating Level" hyperlink below your rating on TennisLink.
Year End Rating Appeal Instructions, follow steps 1-3 only, and you will receive an instant decision based on the National criteria and guidelines. Granted appeals cannot be reversed, so do not submit an appeal unless you are sure you want to appeal.
- Approved Ratings - If your rating appeal is approved and you are already registered on a current USTA League Team, email firstname.lastname@example.org to have rating on your roster changed manually. The rating on your team's roster does not change otherwise. NTRP Dynamic Disqualification procedures as outlined in 2.04B(3) apply to an Appealed (A) player.
- Denied Ratings - If your rating is denied, there is usually no further avenue for an appeal. Review our Ratings Appeal page to learn more. Adult 18 and 40 National Championship players will be denied if they try appealing down in the year immediately following their new rating, even if they are within the appealable range.
Year-End Rating Adjustment on Early Start League Team (DOES NOT APPLY FOR 2020 EARLY START LEAGUES - because 2020 Year End Ratings will not be published, all players can play at 2021 Sectionals with the rating they signed up with for 2020 Early Start Leagues).
2.05E Promotion of Players 60 or Over and 65 or Over
- 2.05E(1) Any player who is 60 years of age or older prior to, or during, the calendar year in which such player plays his or her first local league match and has achieved the same rating level or lower for his or her three most recent year-end ratings, without benefit of appeal of the player’s year-end rating, will automatically be granted an appeal (A rating) if promoted, subject to 2.05E(3). NTRP Dynamic Disqualification procedures as outlined in 2.04B(3) apply.
- 2.05E(2) All players age 65 or over, if promoted, will automatically be granted an appeal (A rating) of their current rating back to their previous valid year-end rating, subject to 2.05E(3) below. NTRP Dynamic Disqualification procedures as outlined in 2.04B(3) apply.
- 2.05E(3) Any player who is clearly above level under the applicable Computer Methodology procedures will be denied an appeal of his or her year-end rating under 2.05E(1) and 2.05E(2).
YEAR END RATINGS INFO
Published around early December of each year, NTRP Ratings factor in all matches played from the prior year's cutoff date (for the 2019 Year End Rating, it will be October 29, 2018 - November 10, 2019). They are based on a combination of a player’s cumulative dynamic rating during the season and a comparison to an appropriate benchmark player. To get a Year-End Rating, you must have played 3 matches during the year. The following matches are included:
• All Adult League matches (Adult 18, 40, 55 & 65)
• All One Doubles matches
• Sanctioned NTRP Tournaments (excludes Open and Age divisions)
Mixed Doubles does NOT count (unless you play solely Mixed Doubles)
Combo, Tri-Level, and Flex Leagues do NOT count
A player's Year-End Rating shall be used to join leagues during the following year and are valid for up to three years for players 59 or under (two years for players 60 and over) or until another rating is generated. If you only played Mixed Doubles or Tournaments, then your rating will be based upon your Mixed and Tournament matches and you will be asked to self rate when you register for any Adult League team.
PLEASE NOTE: The USTA posts the official NTRP ratings on TennisLink, location at tennislink.usta.com. This is the only public website where official NTRP ratings authorized by the USTA are posted and can be obtained. To learn more about 3rd party rating sites, click here.
NTRP RATINGS WEBINAR
In May of 2018, Heather Hawkes with the USTA National League Department, held an in person meeting in Portland and Bellevue to talk all things NTRP. In this meeting, Heather goes over the basics of NTRP, debunks some common myths, and addresses some local questions that PNW players brought up. Watch the Portland meeting below: