Host a USTA Sanctioned Tournament
Follow all the sanction process steps outlined on this page and submit your sanction form for an opportunity to run a USTA Pacific Northwest Sanctioned tournament.
Deadline to submit
For tournaments from January through May 2020 the Online Sanction Form (OLSF) must be submitted completely by November 3, 2019. For tournaments June through December 2020, the OLSF must be submitted completely by November 10, 2019.
- Click here to read and sign the "2020 USTA/PNW Tournament Sanction Agreement Form."
- If you are running a USTA PNW Sanction or Non-Sanctioned tournament that involves participants 18 years old or younger than you are required to be an approved Net Generation Provider. Click here to learn and follow the steps to become an approved Net Generation provider today.
- Submit a sanction form through Tennislink for every tournament you want to be approved. Click here to see how to create a new sanction form. When naming your tournament we suggest using the following format in order to make it easy for everyone to know the details of the touranment. "Facility name/level," Joes Facility Intermediate level Tournament.
- You need Tennislink Tournament Director access to be able to fill out a sanction form online. If you don't have TD access email email@example.com your first, last name and USTA number requesting access.
- Click here to review a list of all the pending tournaments for 2020.
- If there is a tournament already pending on the date that you want, then you are free to contact the facility and discuss it with them. We will be using the criteria outlined in the "2020 USTA/PNW Tournament Sanction Agreement Form" to approve tournaments.
- The list of pending tournaments will be updated every week until the deadline. Please check back regularly to see what is pending.
Level 4 Junior Tournaments
Every year USTA Pacific Northwest hosts four Level 4 12-18u junior tournaments closed to PNW members only. We typically divide them out based on gender. New in 2020 we will be sanctioning up to four additional open Level 4 junior tournaments. The open Level 4 tournaments will be open to all USTA members. Most importantly there are four girls and four boys closed Level 4 tournaments we need to find homes for. Additionally, facilities wishing to host and run an open Level 4 tournament may possibly do so by submitting a sanction form. Please see the below criteria that will be used in selecting level 4 host sites.
- Minimum of six indoor courts available for the entire tournament
- A date that does not conflict with the USTA National Junior Tournament Schedule
- Below is a list of good dates for level 4 tournaments to be run on, but please feel free to submit a sanction form for any date range you would like and it will be reviewed.
|Start Date||End Date|
|February 14, 2020||February 17, 2020|
|February 21, 2020||February 23, 2020|
|March 6, 2020||March 8, 2020|
|March 13, 2020||March 15, 2020|
|April 10, 2020||April 12, 2020|
|April 24, 2020||April 26, 2020|
|May 8, 2020||May 10, 2020|
|May 22, 2020||May 25, 2020|
|September 4, 2020||September 7, 2020|
|September 25, 2020||September 27, 2020|
|October 2, 2020||October 4, 2020|
|October 16, 2020||October 18, 2020|
|October 23, 2020||October 25, 2020|
For tournaments from January through May 2020 the Online Sanction Form (OLSF) must be submitted completely by November 3, 2019. For tournaments June through December 2020, the OLSF must be submitted completely by November 10, 2019. The USTA/PNW agrees to approve all January through May 2020 OLSF’s submitted by November 3, 2019 that meet all criteria herein by November 15, 2019. The USTA/PNW agrees to approve all June through December 2020 OLSF’s submitted by November 10, 2019 that meet all criteria herein by December 6, 2019. Any OLSF completed after these dates will be reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis if the Organizer has met all the criteria herein.
Junior Competition Dates to Consider
- USTA National Junoir Tournament Calendar (click here to view National Schedule)
- MLK Jr Weekend (Level 3 Advanced Junior Tournament)
- Junior Sectionals (Level 3 Advanced Junior Tournament): June TBA
- Portland Public Schools 2019-20 District Calendar
- Seattle Public Schools 2019-20 Key Dates
- OSAA (Oregon) Girls High School Tennis Dates
- OSAA (Oregon) Boys High School Tennis Dates
- WIAA (Washington) High School Tennis Dates
Adult Competition Dates to Consider
- 2020 USTA League Section Championship Dates
- Alaska Local League Calendar
- Northwest Washington Local League Calendar
- Southwest Washington Local League Calendar
- Eastern Washington Local League Calendar
- Northern Oregon Local League Calendar
- Southern Oregon Local League Calendar