- Captains Resources (includes incentives)
- State, District and Section Championship Information
- National Championship Information
Play College Tennis then move to USTA League!
After registering for a USTA League team on TennisLink, college students can submit this form to receive a refund of $25. Promotion ends August 15, 2023. Complete the incentive form here.
About USTA League:
If you're a competitor that’s looking for an organized game or is new to Northwestern Ohio and want to make friends, then the USTA League program is for you. Physically, you may be in the office or at home, but your mind is on the tennis court. You just love to play tennis. There's a name for people like you: USTA League player.
USTA League is the country's largest recreational tennis league, providing organized, structured team matches for men and women of all ability levels. Because all teams are set up according to a self-rate Dynamic NTRP rating, you're always sure that you'll be facing off against someone of comparable ability. As part of a team, you've got a built-in support entourage and a group of friends to socialize with.
The USTA League program is open to men and women 18 years of age and older, and features local, district, and section championships, culminating in a national championship. There's no better way to have fun and make friends while playing the game you love. Our programs have expanded to include adults 18 and over, 40 and Over, and 55 and over. In addition, we have Mixed Doubles 18 and Over (men and women combine to make a team), Mixed Doubles 40 and over and Combo Doubles (combine your rating to make a team)/. Whether you're a beginner or you're in a league of your own as a player, we've got a USTA league team for a player like you.
Goal of the league is to provide 10-12 matches per season but is dependent on the number of teams registered.
Per USTA regulations: Two team leagues must meet the 40% at NTRP level rule. Teams are scheduled to play each other a minimum of five times.
In most situations, we follow the below formats for scheduling except during Mixed and Combo
- 3 or 4 teams: constitutes on flight and play each other 3x - no playoffs
- 8 or less teams: constitutes one flight and play each other 2x in a season - no playoffs
- 9-10 teams: plays each team in flight 1x with playoffs - # of teams in playoffs is Top 2
- 11-17 teams: plays each team in flight 1x with playoffs - # of teams in playoffs (max of 3 teams includes day league)
- 18 -29 teams: divided into two flights - top team in each flight goes to playoffs
- 30 or more teams divided into three flights with the Winner of each flight going to Championships
In some incidents especially during Mixed and Combo in order to have within the # of weeks we will have a shortened season. The number of matches will be determined by the number of weeks available and teams in the league.
Have a question about League play?