January 11, 2018
Tennis is a sport for a lifetime, and our newest Legends League on Oahu is the best place to stay young! This league is for players 70 years of age or older by year-end.
2018 League Seasons:
- Spring: March 7 - April 25, Wednesdays Daytime
- Summer: June 13 - August 15, Wednesdays Daytime
- Men's Combined 6.5, 7.0, 7.5 and 8.0
- Women's Combined 6.5, 7.0, 7.5 and 8.0
Rules & Regulations:
- The NTRP difference between doubles partners may not exceed 1.0 and the total NTRP rating cannot exceed level of team. For example, the possible combinations of a 7.0 team could be 3.5/3.5, 3.0/4.0, 3.5/3.0, or 3.0/3.0.
- Players with expired ratings will not be allowed to self-rate at a lower level than their last valid NTRP rating. However, they will have the opportunity to file a self-rate appeal.
- Move-Up/Split Up will not apply to this league.
- A player playing exclusively in this league will not generate a year-end rating. ADVERTISEMENT Match data from this league will not be used toward year-end rating calculations.
- A team match consists of three (3) doubles matches. The match format is: Best of two sets, regular scoring, set tiebreak (first to 7 by a margin of 2) at 6-all, with a match tiebreak (first to 10 by a margin of 2) in lieu of a third set. The switching of sides for service during any tiebreak shall follow the Coman Tiebreak Procedure.
- The minimum number of players on a team is 6 and the maximum 16 players.
- As this is a pilot program, there is no Sectional or National advancement.
Dates to Remember:
- Spring Season
- February 21, 6:00 pm HST: Team Registration Deadline
- March 31, 6:00 pm HST: Player Registration Deadline / Refund Deadline
- Summer Season
- May 30, 6:00 pm HST: Team Registration Deadline
- June 30, 6:00 pm HST: Player Registration Deadline / Refund Deadline
- The league fee is $20 per player.
- Captains can visit http://tennislink.usta.com to register and obtain a team number online.
- Non-playing captains and captains who choose not to use the online team creation should email Annalyn Picken, USTA Adult Tennis Coordinator, at email@example.com to request a team number.
- The $3 TennisLink fee is non-refundable.
- If you are a player looking to join a team, or a captain looking for players, please contact Annalyn Pickenat firstname.lastname@example.org.