We have countless captains that help make USTA League play possible in Northeastern Ohio. Learn more about what they do and find captain resources below!
- Tri-Level Registration
- USTA League Captain How-to Guide
- TennisLink for Leagues
- How To: Printing Blank Score Cards for Qualifier Matches
- How to join the USTA
- How to register for a team
- How to access your team number/Setting a Co-Captain on TennisLink
- How to find captain's report on TennisLink
- USTA League iPhone App
What it Means to Be a Captain
- Be familiar with the structure, procedures and local league, sectional and national rules, as well as the general rules of tennis to keep your team informed.
- Attend all local league meetings and be in contact with your local league coordinator in case of any changes made to the league.
Find Interested Players
- Recruit enough players to field a complete team for every match.
- Ensure that all players meet the eligibility requirements: Have a valid NTRP rating, USTA membership and be the minimum age for the league.
- Obtain a team number from your league coordinator.
- Distribute all materials to your team including: Team number, schedule of play, current rules and regulations and a list of team members with telephone numbers and emails.
- Confirm home and away matches and contact opposing team captains to confirm date and time of match. ADVERTISEMENT Assist your local league coordinator in rescheduling postponed or delayed matches.
- Organize all materials necessary for the team’s participation at the championship level, if your team qualifies.
Get Results In
- Record match results on TennisLink within 48 hours (per regulations).