Social Tennis League
USTA New England's Social Tennis League offers the opportunity for young professionals ages 21-40 throughout New England to meet new people through the game of tennis. This league is a great way to improve your skills or get back into tennis in a fun, social environment.
After matches, we continue the fun at local restaurants, where players receive food specials. Each league session concludes with awards and prizes given out to the winners and captains.
Our Social Tennis League has four levels of play to do our best to get you fun and competitive matches. The four levels are beginner, recreational, intermediate and advanced. The beginner level is instruction based and is for new players or those who are looking for instruction on how to improve their skills. ADVERTISEMENT Recreational is open to all playing levels but is primarily for lower to mid-level players (a 2.5 to 3.5 in USTA rating terms). This league is the most social and great for players new to our league. The intermediate level is for higher level players, generally a 3.5 or 4.0 in USTA rating terms, that still want to be social but also want solid, more competitive matches. The advanced league is for our highest level players and while still social, the focus is on high-quality tennis, and you must be at least a 4.0 in USTA rating terms to join. If you are an advanced player, a 4.5 or above in USTA ratings, please sign up for the intermediate or advanced leagues so matches are not lopsided in the recreational league. If you don’t have a USTA rating and are unsure of which league might be best for you, feel free to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fall season of the USTA New England Social Tennis League is right around the corner. Registration opens Wednesday, August 19th, and the season starts the week of September 7th.
Below are the sites and dates for the fall season:
- Brighton Intermediate Wednesday – Daly Field courts, 6-9 pm, September 9th to October 21st
- Brighton Intermediate Saturday – Daly Field courts, 10 am-1 pm, September 12th to October 24th
- Brookline Recreational Tuesday – Waldstein Playground courts, 6-9 pm, September 8th to October 20th
- Brookline Intermediate Thursday – Waldstein Playground courts, 6-9 pm, September 10th to October 22nd
- Framingham Recreational Wednesday – Butterworth Park courts, 6-8:30 pm, September 9th to October 21st
- Medford Recreational Saturday – Playstead Park courtsm 9:30 am-12:30 pm, September 12th to October 24th
Become a Site Coordinator
Our social league is seeking two dedicated players per site to serve as Site Coordinators. Having played in at least one season prior is a requirement of a Site Coordinator.
Below are the responsibilities of a Site Coordinator:
- Run the first night of games and drills (we will provide the outline for you)
- Be able to attend at least 6 of the 7 weeks of the season
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early each night
- Give court assignments and take scores (we provide the team rosters and schedule)
- Be friendly and welcoming to all players, answer questions as needed
- Email scores after each week
- Free registration
- A Site Coordinator kit with clipboard and all materials you will need
- A site coordinator gift
If you would like to apply, please email email@example.com and tell us about yourself and why you’d like to be a coordinator.
Want to play but don't have a racquet?
If you want to join the league but need a new racquet or don't have one you can use, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you borrow or buy one.