Social Tennis League
USTA New England's social tennis league offers the opportunity for young professionals ages 21-40 throughout New England to meet new people through the game of tennis. This league is a great way to improve your skills or get back into tennis in a fun, social environment.
After matches, we continue the fun at local restaurants, where players receive food specials. Each league session concludes with awards and prizes given out to the winners and captains.
Our social league has four levels of play to do our best to get you fun and competitive matches. The four levels are beginner, recreational, intermediate and advanced. The beginner level is instruction based and is for new players or those who are looking for instruction on how to improve their skills. recreational is open to all playing levels but is primarily for lower to mid-level players (a 2.5 to 3.5 in USTA rating terms). ADVERTISEMENT This league is the most social and great for players new to our league. The intermediate level is for higher level players, generally a 3.5 or 4.0 in USTA rating terms, that still want to be social but also want solid, more competitive matches. The advanced league is for our highest level players and while still social, the focus is on high-quality tennis, and you must be at least a 4.0 in USTA rating terms to join. If you are an advanced player, a 4.5 or above in USTA ratings, please sign up for the intermediate or advanced leagues so matches are not lopsided in the Recreational league. If you don’t have a USTA rating and are unsure of which league might be best for you, feel free to email us at: email@example.com.
Due to restrictions in place by local governments, we ave canceled our spring season. Below are the dates for our summer season, which is not yet open for registration.
Top priority will go to players who were registered for the spring season. If you are interested in a particular site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified when spots become available. Summer league will run the standard 7 weeks.
● Brighton Wednesday Intermediate – July 22 to September 2 (Currently full)
● Brookline Tuesday Recreational – July 21 to September 1 (Currently full)
● Brookline Thursday Intermediate – July 23 to September 3 (Currently full)
● Framingham Wednesday Recreational – July 22 to September 1 (Currently full)
● Medford Tuesday & Thursday Recreational – July 21 to August 11 (Currently full)
● Malden Thursday Recreational – July 23 to September 3 (Currently full)
● Southie Wednesday Advanced – July 14 to August 12 (Currently full)
● New Haven Thursday Recreational – July 16 to August 27 (Currently full)
Now in our sixth year of the league, we want to thank our loyal players who continue to support our league. Players will now be rewarded when they reach certain levels of participation. The loyalty program will be retroactive to count participation from spring, summer and fall 2018 seasons.
Sign up for your 5th season - receive a fleece blanket
Sign up for your 8th season - receive $20 off league registration
Sign up for your 10th season - receive a sweatshirt
Sign up for your 13th season - receive a free league registration!
Become a Site Coordinator
Our social league is seeking two dedicated players per site to serve as Site Coordinators. Having played in at least one season prior is a requirement of a Site Coordinator.
Below are the responsibilities of a Site Coordinator:
- Run the first night of games and drills (we will provide the outline for you)
- Be able to attend at least 6 of the 7 weeks of the season
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early each night
- Give court assignments and take scores (we provide the team rosters and schedule)
- Be friendly and welcoming to all players, answer questions as needed
- Email scores after each week
- Free registration
- A Site Coordinator kit with clipboard and all materials you will need
- A site coordinator gift
If you would like to apply, please email email@example.com and tell us about yourself and why you’d like to be a coordinator.
Want to play but don't have a racquet?
If you want to join the league but need a new racquet or don't have one you can use, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you borrow or buy one.