USTA League New England
USTA League New England is comprised of 15,000 players who compete in ten local areas around the section in different divisions and age groups. Players can compete in Adult and Mixed (co-ed) divisions in four different age groups. There are also Tri-Level opportunities and Combo Leagues. Click here to learn more.
Year-round offerings are played during various timeframes between September and August. All programs with the exception of Combo Leagues have national advancement opportunities. The Adult 65 & Over Sectional Champions advance to an “Invitational” in Arizona which will take place in May 2017 and competition will include all 17 sections that choose to field teams.
USTA League takes the fun and excitement of the game of tennis to a higher level by offering the “championship experience”. ADVERTISEMENT In 2016, more than 7,500 players experienced the thrill of participating at District and Sectional Championships. By the end of the Sectional Championships, 36 teams advanced to the National Championships in California, Arizona and Alabama. New England continues to place in the “top 4” out of 17 sections; 1 team placed second, 2 teams placed third and 5 teams placed fourth amongst their peers across the country!
We are proud that USTA League is and continues to be the USTA New England flagship program.
Did you know that Tennis is for Everyone?
For players of all skill levels, USTA League is organized into 4 age groups - 18 & Over, 40 & Over, 55 & Over and 65 & Over. Formats include singles, doubles and mixed doubles.
- You can take 12,270 steps playing 60 minutes of tennis.
- Playing tennis 3 hours a week improves your life expectancy.
- Tennis is "an ideal sport for a healthy heart."
- You can increase your capacity to deal with stress using the critical thinking and problem solving required by tennis.
- Make lifelong friends and league matches can be the best time and most fun part of your week.
- The 18 & Over leagues are inclusive
- New initiatives are underway to enroll the 18-39 year old age group by offering different leagues that appeal to these players
- The largest NTRP group for league players is 3.5 for women and 4.0 for men
We have a League for YOU!