Sept. 20-22, 2019
Tournament Organizer (all inquiries leading up to Section Championships):
Alyssa Corvino, Assoc. Manager of Adult Competition
Tournament Director (questions during Section Championships):
Elece Fiocchi, E WA League Coordinator
Please reference this site for any tournament or weather updates
Team Registration: $250 + $7 non-refundable processing fee for $257 total. Register HERE! Registration closes August 23.
Schedule Published in TennisLink: September 6
- All players welcome to attend. Get details about the tournament, important reminders, and any/all of your questions answered
- Link to join call will be sent closer to event.
Team Bag: Your team's bag and captain folder will be available for pick-up at your first match location - no captain check-in needed!
Match Play: Friday, September 20 - Sunday, September 22, 2019
PRACTICE COURTS (see Court Site Map for details)
On non-match days, practice courts will be available at Yakima Tennis Club (indoor or outdoor) only if their members have not reserved them. There will be $12 guest fee charged per person, court time is 90 minutes. You must call day-of for availability. 509.248.2938.
On match-days, here are some recommended outdoor courts (on a first-come, first-serve basis) that you could try. Keep in mind school courts are not available during school hours, and we cannot verify the condition of these courts:
YAKIMA TENNIS CLUB (YTC) INFORMATION (using 13 outdoor courts):
- Open/Close: Facility will open shortly before the first match of the day and will close after the last match of the day.
- Parking: Cars and trucks are permitted to park in YTC lot and on N.35th Ave. RV’s can park in the church parking lot (except on Saturday morning during their service) or at the upper courts parking lot on Howard Ave. Please be courteous and do not remove any coned off areas or parking spots.
- Food: On-site cafe will open at 8:30am and will have cofee and grab-and-go items available (no breakfast menu). Lunch service will start at 11am and will continue throughout the day until lack of business mandates they close.
- Access: Access to facility is limited to the courts and locker rooms at the outdoor facility. The pool and indoor facility are not available to non-members.
- Facility Rules: Outside food and non-alcoholic beverages are allowed. Alcoholic beverages not purchased from YTC are NOT allowed.
- Amenities: Ice and water will be available for bottles and small coolers (please don’t fill your large coolers). Participants and spectators are asked to bring their own water containers. Cups will be available for purchase. No towels provided - bring your own.
TOURNAMENT DETAILS / AMENITIES
Hotel Information: See list of hotel group rates HERE.
T-Shirts: Each rostered player will receive a T-shirt. Sizes from S-2XL for men and XS-2XL for women. These will be polyester fabric in both men's and women's styles. Captains will pick up shirts at Captain Check-In.
Stringing: Call Sporthaus at (509) 966-6695. Closed on Sundays.
Photographer: USTA plans to have a photographer taking photos at certain sites and times during the event. In lieu of the Publicity Waiver forms, we will have a media waiver release sign at each court site which states that, by entering the court site premises, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed by the non-profit United States Tennis Association Pacific Northwest (USTA PNW) in connection with your participation in this event and that the USTA PNW will own any and all rights in such photography and film of you.
Tennis Balls: Penn is the official ball sponsor of USTA League. USTA PNW has agreed to invest funds to use Pro Penn Marathon balls for all Section Championships.
Activities: Check out Visit Yakima's website for ideas on what to do in the Yakima Valley.
Bananas: USTA PNW will order bananas for the tournament site for the weekend.
Sportsmanship: If you experience a great act of sportsmanship by your opponent(s), please share them with the tournament desk! See the great sportsmanship stories from last year HERE.
Awards: Champions and Finalists will receive awards (bag tags) for all rostered players. Champions will also receive a USTA PNW Section Championship banner.
TIPS / REMINDERS FOR PLAYERS AND SPECTATORS
Bring Water Container: Players and spectators must bring their own water container. Water will be available for refilling a container, but there may not be any bottles or cups available on site.
Bring Umbrella/Tent: It is recommended that players and spectators bring an umbrella or a pop-up tent for protection from the sun, as certain sites will have limited tents/shade on and off the tennis court.
Bring Chairs: Each court will have enough benches/chairs for players to sit, but spectators are encouraged to bring a portable chair as not all courts will have adequate seating.
Sun Protection: Don’t forget to bring sunscreen and a visor or hat!
Keep Hydrated: Here's a Helpful Guide to How Much Water to Drink
Follow Host Site Rules: We are all guests of these facilities. Please pick up all trash and be respectful of management or staff. They also have their own rules in place as to what is acceptable at their facility so please obey any posted rules.
MIXED 40 & OVER SECTION CHAMPIONS
6.0 Mixed: Eastside-Hubbard (NWW)
7.0 Mixed: Amy Yee-Louie-Just Hit it! (NWW)
8.0 Mixed: Seattle TC-Gamers-Suver (NWW)
9.0 Mixed: Boeing-Submariners-Nguyen (NWW)
See champ photos HERE.
Read some of the great sportsmanship stories from this event HERE.