The USTA Southern Wheelchair Committee is devoted to the growth and development of wheelchair tennis in the Southern Section by:
- Supporting tennis clinics, camps, instructional programs, tournaments, and collegiate wheelchair tennis
- Promoting the Southern Section Wheelchair Tennis Excellence Award
- Assisting with coordinating the Southern Section Tournaments
USTA Southern has long been a leader in the growth of wheelchair tennis players. The first wheelchair tennis tournament was held in Atlanta in 1983. The following year the tournament was taken over by ALTA, the largest individual tennis association within the United States. In 1984 Nashville, TN and Natchez, MS held tournaments and in 1985 the Roho/PTR was introduced. These tournaments continue today and are sanctioned by the International Tennis Federation as well as the USTA and remain the top tournaments in the Section. ADVERTISEMENT The staff at USTA Southern, wheelchair committee members, state coordinators, teaching pros and the many volunteers have been responsible for the success of the wheelchair tennis tournaments and programs the Southern Section now enjoys.
See our photo gallery from the 2018 Wheelchair Team Tennis Event.
- 31th Annual Cajun Classic Wheelchair Tennis Tournament, March 17-22
- Southern PTR $22,000 Wheelchair Championships, Sept 17-20
Any questions you might have concerning programs, tournaments and players can be directed to: