USTA Eastern League Captains
March 8, 2017
We have countless captains that help make USTA League play possible in the Eastern Section. Learn more about what they do! If you already know a great captain, be sure to let us know! Nominate your captain as part of our Captains Kudos recognition.
What it Means to Be a Captain
• Be familiar with the structure, procedures and local league, sectional and national rules, as well as the general rules of tennis to keep your team informed.
• Attend all local league meetings and be in contact with your local league coordinator in case of any changes made to the league.
Find Interested Players
• Recruit enough players to field a complete team for every match.
• Ensure that all players meet the eligibility requirements: Have a valid NTRP rating, USTA membership and be the minimum age for the league.ADVERTISEMENT
• Obtain a team number from your league coordinator.
• Distribute all materials to your team including: Team number, schedule of play, current rules and regulations and a list of team members with telephone numbers and emails.
• Confirm home and away matches and contact opposing team captains to confirm date and time of match. Assist your local league coordinator in rescheduling postponed or delayed matches.
• Organize all materials necessary for the team’s participation at the championship level, if your team qualifies.
Get Results In
• Record match results on TennisLink within 48 hours (per regulations).
Have what it takes to captain a team? Click here to complete the registration form.
Nominate Your Captain
We look forward to featuring exemplary captains who are going above and beyond to further adult leagues throughout the Eastern Section.
Click here to nominate your captain for Captains Kudos.