2018 Zone Team Championships:
April 23, 2018
What is Zonals?
The USTA Zone Team Championships (Zonals) is a five-day National team competition emphasizing singles, doubles and mixed doubles play against other section’s teams. Our goal is to provide a platform and location for play that fosters team work and healthy competition. Match results from Zonals will count for National and Eastern Section standings. Please see the information below about the event to help you plan your application and participation.
The entry deadline is Wednesday, May 30th at 1:00 p.m. Late Entries will not be accepted - NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Introduce young players to national competition in a friendly, team-based environment
- Provide a positive, competitive, team-based opportunity to maximize each player’s development
- Promote sportsmanship and comradery amongst Eastern Section athletes
1) You must be age eligible. Please register in the age division in which you will be during the event. A junior becomes age ineligible on the first day of their birthday month when they are turning 13, 15 and 17.
2) You must submit a copy of your US birth certificate, US passport, 1485 or 797C forms, permanent resident card, diplomat status, refugee status or Asylee status to the section office (one time only).
3) Registration must be completed in full.
4) Players may register in up to TWO (2) age divisions. The Eastern Section office will select players for these divisions in the following order: 16s, 14s, 12s. If a player is entered in two age divisions and is selected in the older age division, that player shall not be eligible for selection into the younger division. If a player is not selected for the older division, that player is eligible for selection in the younger division and is eligible to be an alternate in the younger division but not in the older division.
Registration for Zonals is $95 (+processing fees) Eastern also sells a uniform package that players can buy, containing 2 match shirts and a hoodie, for $100. Players will be invoiced for both of these fees after they are selected to the team. Failure to pay invoices in a timely manner may prevent participation in the event.
Players will be shipped team uniforms (2 match shirts and a hoodie) from Zagwear directly. Each uniform kit costs $100; players will be invoiced when they are selected for the event, and can pay online. Please click here for uniform pictures and size charts.
How to Register
Registration is now closed.
The registration process is three (3) steps:
1) Players must fill out the online registration form on TeamSnap above in its entirety.
2) Players must print, sign, and return via mail, the Waiver & Release attached to the end of the TeamSnap online registration portal. Please include the required proof of citizenship paperwork in this mailing if you have not yet submitted it to the Eastern Office, at: 70 West Red Oak Lane, Attn: Zonals, White Plains, NY 10604
3) Players must pay their tournament entry fee and uniform fee in a timely manner. Players will be invoiced after they are selected to the team, and may pay their invoices online. Failure to pay invoices in a timely manner may result in removal from the team.
In the BG12, the top 30 boys and girls and the top 24 boys and 24 girls in the BG14-16 (according to the last Eastern Standing List published in May) that are in good standing with the section and have successfully registered will be selected.
Sites and Dates
Boys' & Girls' 12s
July 26-30, 2018
Boys' & Girls' 14s
July 26-30, 2018
Boys' & Girls' 16s
July 27-31, 2018
The Eastern Section will send some of our best and brightest coaches to the event. They may coach players at specific times during matches and will supervise teams at official team functions. Please be aware, the coach’s role is not to chaperone the players.