Junior Open tournaments are sanctioned by USTA Texas as additional tournaments for all 3 levels of play. Challenger, Champ, and Super Champ players can all compete in Junior Opens. Super Champ players will earn Tier 5 Super Champ points towards their Super Champ Standing. Champs players will earn Level 2 Ranking Points towards their Preliminary Ranking (See JKR for Champs Points). Challenger players do not receive any ranking points for Junior Opens. USTA Texas tournaments offer 3 types of Junior Opens:
Super Champ/Champ/Non-Qualified divisions – Only Super Champ players can compete in the Super Champ divisions, only Champ players can compete in the Champs divisions, and only Challenger level players can compete in the Non-Qualified divisions.
Qualified/Non-Qualified divisions – Qualified divisions will consist of Champs and Supers players. ADVERTISEMENT Non-Qualified Divisions will consist of Challenger players.
Open – All players are placed in the same division composed of Super Champ, Champ, and Challenger players.
All Junior Opens can be identified in the Tournament Search with the “(Jr)” tag in the tournament title.
- Beaumont Tennis Academy Adult & Junior Fall Open (Jr, Ad) on October 27-28 changes to Bay Area Racquet Club Fall Junior Open (Jr),
tournamentmoves from Beaumont to Houston
- DPTA ChampSuper Lakes Tennis Academy (Jr) – Moved from December 1-2 to December 8-9
- Georgetown Fall Kickoff Junior Open (Jr) – September 8-9
- Polo Tennis Club Junior Open (Jr) - November 16-18
- NRH Junior Open (Jr) – November 17-18