April 20, 2018
Join us for the inaugural Hawaii Social League that is designed for players 18 – 45 who are interested in playing level-based matches with a social twist! The league is all about having fun and meeting new people. You can sign-up as an individual and we will find you a team, or grab a bunch of friends and sign up together.
All matches will be played at Ala Moana Beach Park on Saturday afternoons from June 30 – September 1. Depending on the amount of teams in your division, players can expect to play between 6 – 10 matches.
League Fee (USTA membership is not required to participate)
$55.00 Early bird (Now – May 31)
$65.00 Standard (June 1 – September 1)
League fee includes:
- Hosted food and refreshments at a local eatery for the Kick-off/Draft Party
- League swag items
- 6 – 10 weeks of organized play
Team may add players to their roster through the last match of the season. ADVERTISEMENT Players must be registered on a team before playing in a match.
Prior to the first match of the season, everyone in the league will gather at a local eatery to meet and mingle. At this time, we’ll assign teams to those who registered as individuals.
The Kick-off/Draft Party is tentatively set for Wednesday, June 20, or Sunday, June 24.
If you have enough players and would like to create your own team, email Sara Yoshinaga at email@example.com so she can adjust the teams accordingly.
The league has 5 divisions that you can choose from depending on your rating. In a season, you can register for a maximum of 2 teams.
- 6.0 Division: 2.5 and 3.0 ratings
- 7.0 Division: 3.0 and 3.5 ratings
- 8.0 Division: 3.5 and 4.0 ratings
- 9.0 Division: 4.0 and 4.5 ratings
- Open Division: Minimum 4.5 rating
Each team match will consist of one men’s doubles, one women’s doubles, and one mixed doubles.
Each individual match is one 8-game pro-set with ad scoring. If a set reaches 7-all, a 12-point tiebreaker is played. One team point is awarded for each game won. At the end of the season, the team who wins the most games is the winner.
A team can substitute a player of the same gender into a set for any reason, as long as the following guidelines are met:
- A player must complete THREE games before they are taken out of a set and placed by a substitute.
- Once a player is replaced, he/she cannot return in that set.
Prior to registering for the league, complete the items below.
- Create a USTA account. If you don’t have a USTA account, click here.
- Obtain a rating for league play. If you don’t have a rating, click here.
- Based on your rating, refer to the chart below determine what level you would like to play. Make a note of the team number as you will need that when registering for the league.
Division Team Number 6.0 Division (2.5 and 3.0 ratings) 2004351315 7.0 Division (3.0 and 3.5 ratings) 2004351316 8.0 Division (3.5 and 4.0 ratings) 2004351317 9.0 Division,(4.0 and 4.5 ratings) 2004351318 Open Division (minimum 4.5 rating) 2004351319
Click here to register for a team.
Enter in your USTA and team number. Confirm the information is correct on the checkout screen and then submit your payment information. A receipt will be sent to the email address associated with your account.
If you are registering for two teams, you will need to complete this process twice.
Contact Sara Yoshinaga, Director of Adult Tennis, at firstname.lastname@example.org.