August 2, 2018
Teachers & coaches, let us help you introduce a new sport to your students. As the national governing body for tennis, we have an extensive package of resources and training tools to make starting and maintaining a P.E. or after-school tennis program easy and enjoyable for all. Best part is, we don't need tennis courts to play tennis!
Below are some of the benefits we can offer to your school:
- Workshop Training: Free face-to-face training and online resources. No prior tennis experience or tennis courts necessary.
- Print & Digital Curriculum: Teacher-friendly lesson plans and interactive exercises for grades K - 12.
- Staff Support: Consulting and assistance from our local school tennis staff.
- Free Tennis Starter Kit: Sign up for our Net Generation program and you may qualify for a racquet bag that contains 30 racquets, 36 red felt tennis balls and everything you need to play tennis on campus.
Teacher Workshops are currently offered on the following dates:
- Fall Semester: August 6 - December 21, 2018
- Spring Semester: January 8 - May 31, 2019
A typical teachers' workshop takes place after school and looks like the following:
- Open House (Hit Around, Late Registration): 5 Minutes
- Introduction to School Tennis: 10 Minutes
- Class Management Techniques: 30 Minutes
- Break: 5 Minutes
- Tennis Skills (Lesson Plans): 45 Minutes
- Out of School Time Opportunities: 10 Minutes
- Break: 10 Minutes
- Lesson Games: 45 Minutes
- Net Generation, Connecting with Community Partners, Wrap-Up: 20 Minutes
No tennis courts are required to teach tennis. ADVERTISEMENT We simply need a space large enough to set up a mock tennis court. This could be a gym, basketball court, or a multi-purpose area.
For questions or to schedule a workshop, please contact Roman Kop, Director of Schools Tennis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 808.585.9527/808.358.7075.