Single Day Showdown
USTA Midwest | March 7, 2018
A Single Day Showdown is the perfect tournament structure for junior tennis players who want more match play but don’t have all weekend. These tournaments provide the perfect balance of competition and fun for players, while providing great flexibility for tournament directors and an attractive option for today’s busy tennis families.
Interested in hosting a Single Day Showdown? Visit the Single Day Showdown Provider page.
FIND A SINGLE DAY SHOWDOWN
BENEFITS OF PLAYING A SINGLE DAY SHOWDOWN
- Time Commitment - full tournament experience in just one day
- Equal Playing Time - non-elimination draws make sure everyone is on the court and not out of the draw
- Low Cost - lower entry fees, no hotel, no school-time lost or work missed
- Pathway Transition - introduces kids to a more formal environment while providing multiple matches
- Social Impact - low-pressure environment cultivates camaraderie and sportsmanship
- Ranking Points - points per round ranking points are given per win