Single Day Showdown
USTA Midwest | April 20, 2017
A Single Day Showdown is the perfect tournament structure for junior tennis players who want more match play but don’t have all weekend. These tournaments provide the perfect balance of competition and fun for players, while providing great flexibility for tournament directors and an attractive option for today’s busy tennis families.
BENEFITS OF PLAYING A SINGLE DAY SHOWDOWN
- Time Commitment - players, parents, and coaches don’t have to give up an entire weekend
- Equal Playing Time - non-elimination draws make sure everyone is on the court and not out of the draw
- Low Cost - lower entry fees, no hotel, no school-time lost or work missed
- Pathway Transition - introduces kids to a more formal environment while providing multiple matches
- Social Impact - low-pressure environment cultivates camaraderie and sportsmanship
- Ranking Points - points per round ranking points are given per win
BENEFITS OF HOSTING A SINGLE DAY SHOWDOWN
- Facility Friendly - tournaments last between a half day and a full day. These shorter, predictable time frames can maximize court usage during slow periods
- Flexible Formats - ability to utilize formats that work best for tournament directors (including co-ed)
- Low Cost - reduced sanction fees, shorter time frames and optional USTA membership translates to greater revenue for hosts and lower entry fees for players (recommended entry fee is between $20-$40)
- Grows Tennis - provides tournament play opportunities for a population that cannot commit to an entire weekend or a six to nine-week league
- Resources and Support - dedicated staff support help with TennisLink and our tournament management software
- Marketing - receive marketing and promotional support to reach interested players
- DOWNLOAD FLYER - Promote your event with this customizable flyer
- TOURNAMENT INCENTIVE - Organizers can receive incentives specifically for conducting Sanctioned Orange Ball Youth Progression tournaments and Sanctioned Single Day Showdown tournaments. Complete the Tournament Incentive Form to apply.
Contact Kimberly Hartzel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-669-0446 to host your own Single Day Showdown.