February 20, 2020
USTA Eastern Points Per Round Chart (Updated for 2020)
Standing and Ranking Information:
USTA Eastern uses a “Point Per Round” ranking system that awards players specific point values based on their wins in USTA tournament play. USTA publishes several types of standing and ranking lists to assist players in tracking their progress as they develop and contest their skills against other players and progress through the USTA tournament pathway:
Standings List (Combined): About every two weeks, USTA Eastern publishes standings lists called “Standings List (Combined)” in each of the 12U-18U age divisions. These lists are used for all seeding and selection into USTA Eastern sanctioned tournaments. These lists are calculated by totaling a players six “best” (in terms of ranking points earned) tournaments + 25% of a players six ”best” doubles results over the last rolling 12 months. ADVERTISEMENT
- To be eligible for a standing in a particular division, a player must have at least one ‘eligible win’ (a win that is not a withdraw or walkover) in that age division.
- Only 2 of a player’s 6 singles, and 2 of a player’s 6 doubles results may come from National level tournaments. The rest must come from USTA Eastern tournaments.
- Points from older age divisions will “travel down” to younger age divisions, provided the players is still age eligible in the younger division and the player has one ‘eligible win’ in the younger division in the previous 12 months.
Top 50 Bonus Points (Combined): In addition to earning points based wins/round reached in sanctioned tournaments, players earn ‘Bonus Points’ by defeating players ranked in the top 50 of the Eastern Standings from the month prior. Defaults, Withdrawals and Walkovers do not award bonus points, but Retirements do. To make clear which players victories against will count for bonus points, on or near the 1st of every month USTA Eastern will publish a “Top 50 Bonus Points (Combined)” list, containing only the top 50 players in each division on the Standings List (Combined) from the month prior. To see how may bonus points will be earned for victories against top 50 players, please see table 3 on our Points Per Round Chart.
Endorsement List (Combined): Many USTA National Tournaments require “section endorsement” to participate. To be an (Eastern) endorsed player, a player must be: a US citizen, an Eastern resident, age eligible for the respective event and “in good standing” with the section; (have no outstanding monetary balances owed or current disciplinary or suspension issues). Endorsement list are only published prior to the selection for USTA National that require section endorsement and further information on the details and requirements of section endorsement can be found here.
Ranking List (Combined): Rankings lists are final, year-end figures that quantify a player’s performance during that calendar year in a particular age division. They reflect a player’s six ‘best’ singles tournaments plus 25% of their six ‘best’ doubles results from January 1st through December 31st. Only 2 of a player’s 6 singles, and 2 of a player’s 6 doubles results may come from National level tournaments; the rest must come from USTA Eastern tournaments. In order to earn a year end ranking, players also must:
- Accumulate at least 100 ranking points during the calendar year
- Have participated in at least four (4) Level 1 (L1) and/or Level 1B (L1B) and or (+L1) Eastern tournaments between January 1st and December 31st