Junior Team Tennis
Local league Junior Team Tennis (JTT) offers players the opportunity to gain competitive experience—and improve their skills—in a fun, team-based environment. JTT Leagues compete in the fall and spring and bring together boys and girls, ages 6 to 18, to play singles, doubles and mixed doubles against other coed teams. USTA Eastern offers local league JTT in the majority of its regions, and parents have the option to form and captain a team if they wish.
JTT local leagues are offered in the 10 & Under (10U), 12U, 14U & 18U age groups and are divided into three divisions: 10 and Under, Beginner and Intermediate. To find the right league fit, check out the division descriptions below.
10 and Under
Offered in two divisions: Orange Ball and Green Ball. Learn more about 10U Team Tennis
This division is ideal for players (12-18) who are new to tennis competition and want to play in a team atmosphere. Players at this level should have 1-2 years of experience in the sport and/or have participated in at least a few entry-level events.
Leagues at this level are designed for players (12-18) who have competed in a few USTA tournaments and/or practice multiple times a week.
All leagues will use a Round Robin and Playoffs format.
JTT Leagues compete in the fall and in the spring (most regions). Each season includes a regular league schedule and playoff round. The number of matches in each league will be determined by the region's league coordinator, taking into account the number of teams registered per season. Each regional league requires a minimum of four teams.
USTA Eastern typically holds leagues in the following geographic areas:
New York City
Forming a Team
Are you a parent or coach interested in putting together a team? Follow the below steps to get started:
- Recruit players. Every JTT team requires a captain (which can be a parent or coach) and a minimum of six players.
- Get Safe Play approved. Potential JTT captains first MUST become Safe Play approved. Visit the USTA Safe Play page to get started.
- Register your team with a JTT Coordinator. Use USTA Eastern's JTT Registration Form.
- Register your players in Tennislink. After you complete the JTT Registration Form, a JTT Coordinator will send you your TEAM ID, which you can use to register your players in Tennislink. Make sure all your players are fully registered in Tennislink before the player registration deadline. See registration instructions
- Familiarize yourself with captain responsibilities in the JTT Coach/Captain Guide. This resource explains captain expectations for the season, including how to submit score sheets after every match.
- 2023 Eastern Junior Team Tennis Championship Fact Sheet
- Safe Play
- Eastern Junior Team Tennis
- 10 and Under JTT
For more information about Junior Team Tennis, contact Gustavo Loza at firstname.lastname@example.org.