In 2018, Middle States will be hosting several Net Generation Red Ball Team Challenge events for beginners from ages 5 to 12 years.
What is a Red Ball Team Challenge?
A Red Ball Team Challenge is a USTA Pilot program designed as an introduction to competition for players ages 5-12 using a red ball on team play, parent information and character development. Each of the Middle States events are designed to be delivered as a single event with the objective of offering a low level competitive play experience that highlights teamwork and skill development in a fun social environment. Players will be provided with racquets and balls. Players will enter as individuals, and be matched with others of like ability. USTA membership not required.
Parents are encouraged to sign up as on court helpers.
Time of the events should run around one & a half hours per session. Entry into an event is for each individual date, and entry fees may vary by site. You will enter each event using the below entry detailed event information, see below sites and contact information.
Introduction to team tennis competition with a focus on players ages 5-18, parent information and character development
Tennis Providers Information
Team Challenge Events AS EASY AS 1.2.3:
2. Complete the team challenge event(s) and complete survey https://form.jotform.com/73243370784156.
3. If you run 3 team challenge events, you will receive a $100 Tennis Warehouse or Fromuth gift card after completion.
How to sign up:
1. Click link and complete information https://form.jotform.com/72965095096166
2. Determine Audience (red, orange, or green ball participants)
3. Set the date and possible time for event(s)
Providers receive the following:
Training (webinar and manual)
A case of Balls
Giveaways and signage for event(s)
Providers and Assistant(s) must be:
Net Generation and Safe Play Certified https://netgeneration.usta.com/us-en/home.html