Junior Tournament Update:
Below are the most recent Junior Programming announcements.
For more information about the resumption of ratings, please click here.
National Level 1-3 Events posted through July 12 are suspended.
USTA Junior Team Tennis National Championships are cancelled for 2020.
Midwest Section District Team Cup is cancelled for 2020.
- Midwest Section District Qualifier is cancelled for 2020.
- Midwest Section JTT Championships are cancelled for 2020.
- Midwest Section Junior Closed (BG12-18) will be played November 7-9, 2020. Click here for more details.
- National has made the decision to cancel the 2020 National Clay Championships scheduled July 11-19, which would have taken place in 7 cities across three states.
- 2020 National Championships scheduled for August 7-16, 2020 have been cancelled. ADVERTISEMENT Read more here.
Junior Tournament Changes
Click here to read more about the upcoming junior tournament changes in 2021.
Each summer, juniors from around the USTA Midwest Section represent their district in an exciting team competition. The USTA Midwest Section is one of the only sections throughout the USTA that hosts a team competition for boys and girls in the 12s, 14s, and 18-and-under age divisions. Match play consists of a round-robin format throughout the weekend and concludes with the top teams advancing to the championship match. Players representing Central Indiana are selected to participate based on their ranking, tournament play, character, and sportsmanship. For more information contact Judy Tilmont at email@example.com.
District Cup events include:
- USTA Midwest Marian Wood Baird Cup (G18)
- USTA Midwest District Team Cup (B18)
- USTA Midwest District Team Cup (BG14)
- USTA Midwest District Team Cup (BG12)
University and College Tennis Programs
Numerous colleges offer men’s and women’s varsity tennis programs. There are many different Divisions to choose from: Division I, Division II, Division III, NAIA, and NJCAA. Learn more about the recruiting process and how you can pick the best school for you. Learn more here.
There’s no better sport than tennis for making friends, staying fit and having fun! Whether you’ve played before or are just picking up the game, USTA Tennis On Campus has a way for you to find yourself in the game. All across the country, college students are enjoying the excitement of tennis through co-ed team play that keeps their competitive fires burning and opens up doors to new friendships and endless fun. Learn more here.