Presented by Newks
Challenger tournaments (previously known as Zonal Area Tournaments) are the first level of competitive tournaments that count towards a USTA Texas Ranking. For 12s-18s divisions, players ages 11-18 are eligible to compete. Challenger-level players will no longer have a limit on the number of Challenger tournaments they can play each month.
Rankings will still be calculated by using a player’s top 4 Challengers point totals within a 12 month period. With the addition of 1-Day Challenger events in April 2016, point totals from both 1-Day and 2-Day Challengers will be considered when calculating rankings.
For 12s-18s divisions, there are two types of Challenger tournaments which utilize a point system to qualify players for advancement to the Championship level:
Challenger 2-Day – previously known as the traditional ZAT; uses the standard format and point table
Challenger 1-Day – new form of Challenger tournament; uses a shortened format and an adjusted point table
- Lakes Tennis Academy Challenger on December 14-15
- Corpus Christi March Challenger on March 7-8
- Lubbock Country Club Challenger on April 11-12
- CCA Tennis Laredo Challenger on May 2-3
- San Angelo May Challenger on May 9-10
- Portland Texas Tennis Challenger on July 11-12
- City of Laredo Summer Challenger on August 1-2
- City of Laredo Fiesta Challenger on September 11-12
- CCA Tennis Laredo Challenger on November 14-15
- Tennis Success Challenger on December 12-13