Presented by Newks
The Championship Division (Champs) is the second highest level of USTA Texas junior tennis, and it is for players who have qualified from the Challenger level. Newly qualified Champ players are eligible to play in Championship Major Zones (CMZs) tournament in the month following their qualification from the Challenger level. CMZs also provide Champ players an opportunity to earn qualifying points that contribute towards their promotion to the Super Championship level (Supers).
Although the CMZ Schedule provides players with two possible CMZ tournaments each month, players may only compete in one Singles CMZ event per month. The exception to this rule falls only in the months of April and October at the time of Doubles Only CMZs – players may participate in these tournaments in addition to their monthly Singles CMZs. ADVERTISEMENT
In June, the Championship Masters tournament is held. The top 16 Championship players (according to the current Championship Standing List) in each age division are able to register for this tournament. Additionally, the Championship Masters tournament offers qualification into Super Champs and the Texas Slam tournament.
- Austin Junior Championship Major Zone (CMZ) moved from December 7-8 to December 14-15
- CCA Tennis Laredo Champ Major Zone (CMZ) on February 8-9
- LTA Spring Champ Major Zone (CMZ) on March 14-15
- West Texas Champ Major Zone (CMZ) on April 4-5
- Abilene ATA September Champ Major Zone (CMZ) on September 5-6
- Hub City Fall Championship Major Zone (CMZ) on September 19-20
- CCTA November Champ Major Zone (CMZ) on November 14-15