Back Indoors - Now What?
With indoor tennis facilities beginning to open, safe practices continue and clubs and facilities are making sure their members know it. We brought representatives from many of the indoor facilities throughout the Middle States Section together virtually to share their concerns and solutions as players begin to head indoors.
First and Foremost - Follow State and Local Laws
COVID-19 Updates by State:
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) produced a checklist that identifies what businesses can do to prepare.
TENNIS INDUSTRY UNITED (TIU)
The tennis industry has come together to analyze the needs and concerns of all involved in our sport, collaborating on programs that can provide both immediate and long-term support. TIU has assembled a list of resources focused on financial assistance and relief, in order to make accessing the potential help easier and quicker. They will continue to provide more resources and information throughout this crisis as they are developed.
HEALTHY PRACTICES ACROSS USTA SECTIONS
- USTA Eastern shared a webinar from an expert on indoor air filtration systems. This has been a huge question as the weather is turning cooler in parts of the country. Watch the webinar.
- Letter to Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA) - from Middle States President and Executive Director
- Letter to Governor Wolf - Pennsylvania - from State Representative Melissa Shusterman
- Letter to Governor Wolf - Pennsylvania - from Middle States President and Executive Director
- Letter to Governor Murphy - New Jersey - from Middle States and Eastern Sections
- Second Letter to Governor Murphy - New Jersey - from Middle States and Eastern Sections
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Middle States Indoor Tennis Town Hall Review - July 24th and July 31st
- Texas Medical Association Risk Assessment Chart - showing tennis as a low risk.
- Standard HVAC Inspection and Maintenance of Commercial HVAC Systems
- 10 Digital Marketing Ideas to Consider
- USTA Middle States League Tennis Update for 2021
WEBINARS AND PODCASTS of INTEREST
- Webinar: TIU Episode 20: Indoor Facility Challenges in the Covid-19 World - WATCH
- Webinar: TIU The Inside Story of Opening Your Indoor Facility - WATCH
- Podcast: USPTA Looking Ahead Past COVID-19 with Len Simard - LISTEN
- Podcast: USPTA Navigating the Covid-19 Crisis and Club Reopening with Scott Colebourne - LISTEN
- Podcast: TIU Episode 17: A Chat with a "Staple" of the Industry with Butch Staples - LISTEN
- Podcast: TIU Episode 16: Updates on Financial Assistance Programs and What Remains Available - LISTEN
- Podcast: TIU Episode 12: What Happens When an Employee Tests Positive for COVID-19 Plus More Stories from Facilities Opening Up - LISTEN
Back to TennisNovember 25, 2020In collaboration with local facilities throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and West Virginia, USTA Middle States has produced best practices to display what some organizations are doing to stay safe while reintroducing tennis during the COVID-19 pandemic. Read More
USTA MS COVID-19 FAQNovember 24, 2020To best respond to incoming questions from our many USTA programming participants, USTA Middle States developed this General Statements / FAQ page. This information will be updated here as additional questions and situations arise. Read More
Summer CampsAugust 18, 2020With summer camps and clinics starting to re-open, it is important to continue to follow COVID-19 guidelines that are in place by each state. It is important to visit your state government website for updated information. Read More