Tennis Opening Day
with USTA Chicago Opening Day!
Saturday, July 11, 2020
8 a.m to noon
Tennis courts throughout Chicagoland
Get Out and Play
Tennis is one of the safest social distancing sports that you can play. As courts and tennis facilities are re-opening all across Chicagoland, we encourage players to plan for a safe return to the game we love. Hit any court throughout Cook, Lake, and DuPage Counties on the morning of Saturday, July 11 to participate in USTA Chicago’s Opening Day celebration of tennis. Play with friends or family, and record your on-court fun and/or a message telling us why you love the game.
Our volunteers will be out and about around Chicagoland to randomly give out fun prizes throughout the day. To win even more great prizes, like a tennis starter kit, post your pictures or video on social media. Make sure to tag your post on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and use @ustachicago and the hashtag #sayyestotennis. Your profile must be public to win prizes. Participants will be entered into a drawing with the winners being announced the week of July 13.
Tennis Safety Guidelines
We encourage you to practice the following guidelines for keeping yourself and others safe and healthy as you return to the courts:
- Stay at least 6 feet apart from other players. Do not make physical contact.
- Consider not playing doubles, which could lead to incidental contact and unwanted proximity.
- Avoid touching your face after handling a ball, racquet or other equipment.
- Wash or sanitize your hands promptly if you have touched your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid sharing food, drinks or towels.
- Use your racquet/foot to pick up balls and hit them to your opponent.
- Avoid using your hands to pick up the balls.
- Stay on your side of the court. Avoid changing ends of the court.
- If a ball from another court comes to you, send it back with a kick or with your racquet.
Learn more about playing tennis safely here.
About USTA Chicago
The Chicago District encompasses the 284 zip-codes of Cook, Lake and DuPage counties – that’s 3,340 square miles and annually serves more than 5,300 junior and 3,000 adult players and nearly 10,000 members of all types. We represent almost 500 public court and private club facilities that are home to more than 4,500 tennis courts. Surely, there’s a court near you and from league play to tournaments to instruction we’re happy to help get you playing!
Get to Know Christi TurdoJuly 14, 2020Get to know Christi Turdo. Read More
Opening Day in ChicagoJune 25, 2020Hit the courts throughout Cook, Lake, and DuPage Counties on the morning of Saturday, July 11th to participate in USTA Chicago’s Opening Day celebration of tennis. Read More
Kids' DayJuly 26, 2019Taking a closer look at the recent Kids' Day that took place in Winnetka on July 10. Read More