Diversity Immersion for Volunteers Engagement (DIVE) Initiative
October 18, 2018
In an effort to increase diversity among USTA National and Section volunteer committees, the USTA National Diversity & Inclusion Department has created a two-year program to recruit a 20 volunteer cohort from diverse backgrounds. The 2019-2020 cohort will provide them the competencies, skills, and support necessary for serious Section Level Volunteer opportunities, and future USTA National Volunteer Committee consideration.
The Cohort will attend and participate in the following Events:
- USTA Annual Meeting
- USTA Semi-Annual Meeting
- Section Annual Meeting
- Volunteer Development
Personal and Professional Benefits
● Learn more about the USTA and how the organization collaborates with a wide range of stakeholders to promote and develop the growth of tennis across the country.
● Expand your professional network and raise your profile at the National level.ADVERTISEMENT
● Potential to contribute to the strategic direction of the organization.
● Help expand the talent pool of prospective volunteer leaders.
Cohort Consideration Requirements
- Have never volunteered on Section or National committee level. However, may have volunteered, or be volunteering on any other level within the Section.
- All are welcome. The primary target audiences for the program are Underrepresented, LGBT, and/or Women.
- Complete the online application, which will be submitted directly to your USTA Section office.
- Each Section will vet applicants, and select their members for the Cohort.
To apply, please click here. Deadline is Friday, November 9th.