2019 USTA NorCal Regional Travel Team
January 29, 2019
The USTA Northern California Diversity & Inclusion Committee is hosting its first local travel team! The travel team was created to provide players of ethnically diverse backgrounds the opportunity to improve their tennis skills in a team environment with players of similar age and skills.
The travel team is seeking applicants from San Francisco and Alameda County and is geared towards players with UTR 8 and under levels who are dedicated to bettering their tennis skills, in particular for tournament play. The team will only be accepting up to 12 players.
The fee for the travel team is $100. The team will be part of:
· Two training sessions
· Two match days
· Four tournament entries
· Team uniform
· End of team event/celebration (TBD)
Who should apply?ADVERTISEMENT
· Tennis players looking for intense tennis workouts, drills and competition;
· Players dedicated to increasing/bettering their tennis skills and abilities for tournament purposes;
· Players dedicated to their tennis pathway and want to increase their competitive edge;
· Be a mature youngster between the ages of 11 and 15 capable of being a positive ambassador for USTA;
· Display good sportsmanship, a positive attitude, and a love for the game of tennis;
· Be a current USTA individual member in good standing;
· Be available to for all travel team events/dates
· Must reside within San Francisco and Alameda Counties
· Provide own transportation to all Travel Team activities
In addition to the junior applications for the Travel Team, USTA NorCal is seeking a talented individuals who will serve as Head Tennis Coach and Assistant Tennis Coach. The candidate must have a playing and working knowledge of competitive tennis (see job descriptions). If interested, please send you resume, cover letter and a letter of recommendation.
For questions regarding the junior or coach applications, Please contact Silvia Dueñas Bielser at email@example.com .