USTA Diversity and Inclusion 2017 Grants
NorCal Staff | November 16, 2016
Apply now for the USTA Diversity & Inclusion grants designed for competitive junior tennis players as well as programs assisting junior players.
Multicultural Individual Player Grant for National Competition & Training
Provide funding to competitive junior players aspiring to achieve national and/or international rankings. Funding will be based on participation in specific USTA sanctioned tournaments in 2016. Must be training and competing in tournaments year-round and have a history of strong national tournament results.
Applications deadline is January 20, 2017. Award notifications expected by March 2017.
- Okechi Womeodu Scholar Athlete Grant- Number of grants available: 1 grant (African-American male)
- Althea Gibson Leadership Award- Number of grants available: 1 grant (African-American female)
- Pancho González Scholar Athlete Grant- Number of grants available: 1 grant (one male or one female)
- Asian-American Scholar Athlete Leadership Grant - Number of grants available: 1 grant (one male or one female)
- Native American Scholar Athlete Leadership Grant- Number of grants available: 1 grant (one male or one female)
Multicultural Excellence Program Grant:
USTA Diversity & Inclusion Department would like to offer support to programs which are helping our best young players reach the highest level of national junior tennis. We will help offset expenses to any full time program which offers travel to assist a team of two or more players to compete in the main draw of singles at any USTA sanctioned events.
Application are accepted throughout 2017 and awarded: throughout 2017 as well.
For questions regarding application process, please contact:
- Yasmine Osborn, Manager, Diversity (914) 572-2547 Yasmine.email@example.com
- Shelly Licorish, Coordinator, Diversity (561) 465-6201 Licorish@usta.com