More than 2,850 coaches that implement a no-cut policy for their tennis teams, giving thousands of middle and high school students the opportunity to play tennis have been recognized by the USTA. The USTA supports and celebrates No-Cut Coaches and teams with the following benefits:
- Recognition certificate and commendation letter sent to the coach, athletic director and principal
- Customizable press release announcing the school’s involvement in the No-Cut Coach Initiative
- USTA No-Cut Coach Hats
- Top Ten Games and Drills Every Coach Should Know CD
- USTA Tennis on College Campus Guide
- One-year subscription to Racquet Sports Industry
- Consideration for the Starfish Award – presented in recognition of the efforts of No-Cut coaches at the USTA Tennis Teacher’s Conference
- Frequent updates of games, activities and practice plans
- Enhanced online resources and coaches forums
- Access to No-Cut Coach jackets, polo shirts, bags and more.
"I just want to thank the USTA for creating the no-cut program - it has been a challenge to implement and maintain it, but we are so much better for it - both in our results and in making a positive difference in so many lives," said Donna, Lafayette High School, Wildwood, Mo.